Fruit Machines

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Redandwhitedust, May 15, 2019.

1. The Butcher

The Butcher Winger

25 years ago two of my mates were addicted to them, couldnt go out with them as they’d be on nudgie all night. Never understood attraction with gambling mind.

2. Tadger

Tadger Striker

Because you might win?

I don’t understand this logic. It’s true that the machine will make more than it pays out, it’s just a question of hitting it at the right time.

3. td586

td586 Midfield

horrendous for them, when I got my first job in 89.

get paid on a Thursday, go to the cash machine and take my wage out. pay my mother her board etc, then straight to the chippie and pretty much end up putting everything else I had, in.

a 'mate' :lol: more often than not, would step up and drop it.

i'll have the odd daft couple of quid in the old un's down roker sea front, but that's me.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  4. SAFCGardian

SAFCGardian Midfield

I was quite bad on them a while back. I would go tot he club with 50 quid to spend, 20 was for pints and 30 would be for the bandit. It is a club one where you can win up to £500 quid, which i have won a couple of times and various 100's, 200's but mainly lost. I stopped completely about a year ago and now will only put any money in if someone had put a load in and not won anything back but that will be limited to 5 or 10 quid

5. Reptilia

Reptilia Winger

Aye I always have a flutter on them when I’m in the pub like, great fun.

6. JJH

JJH Midfield

in the 80's as a kid used to be addicted to them.....Saturday morning down Spenny arcade with my mate with £5 pocket money and blew it all.
    Luckily grew out of it but can see how folk can get addicted to them

7. safcrob

safcrob Midfield

Has anyone ever seen the stash of money collected in when one of them machines get emptied? must be at least a months wage.

8. JJH

JJH Midfield

for work experience at school me and a mate got to 'work' at a place in Chilton that serviced arcade games and fruit machines. Needless to say we used to spend all day playing on them and keeping the tokens from back of machines....

9. waddy999

waddy999 Winger

Ridiculous habit, strawberries and donkeys spring to mind.
    I too have no idea how to work them, perhaps that why I'm well off. :cool:

10. Remember the old working men’s club ones.

5p a go with a £75 / £100 jackpot.

11. cluffy

cluffy Striker

Known in “the biz” as “sharking” :lol:

Seaham Towny and Some Random Guy like this.
  12. Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy Striker

I'm fine with that. :lol:

I have a couple of mates that play them a lot. I once pulled £20 out while one was getting change and said fuck all when he got back.

Latka Gravas and cluffy like this.
  13. cluffy

cluffy Striker

Best way to do it ;)

Tbh Having to go out to the cash point for more funds is a bad sign and usually means the machine is shafting you and will shaft you more when you get back!

14. Yankee Mackem

Yankee Mackem Winger

Interesting point about the hang man era games is that they changed the difficulty depending on how thick they thought you were so near a university was on maximum setting for difficulty. I'm completely expecting the games in shields to have 'which letter is at the start of the alphabet'

15. Maxnormal

Maxnormal Midfield

A fucking spond a go???

Fuck that.

16. Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy Striker

From what I remember it was an old machine without a slot for notes, he went to the bar for change as he thought it was going to play (it did) and asked me to guard it (I didn't).

After he got back and it wasn't playing I jumped on, pulled out about a tenner and bought him a pint as I'm a nice lad. :lol:

cluffy likes this.
  17. Alan BStard

Alan BStard Striker

This

yamar1 likes this.
  18. Skandhaless

Skandhaless Striker

You don't understand the logic of avoiding a gambling phenomena that, if played to infinity, is bound to lose ?
    True you might win but it's not based on logic is it.

19. Pub Slots are ok for that as they are compensated to maintain the win percentage (usually between 70-78%), video slots are a different kettle of fish now as the percentage payout is usually higher but most of them are no longer compensated (THIS GAME IS RANDOM is the giveaway). These are linked to a central server and the payout percentage can be spread across a number of sites, so you could be sticking hundreds in while some random miles away has stuck in a couple of quid and dropped the jackpot twice!

cluffy likes this.
  20. WildTurkey

WildTurkey Midfield

They won’t, they can still take as much money but just in a different way