Fronk Ribery

Well let's say in theory it has at least 5 players wanted by top Premier league clubs, probably best just to sack the whole thing off to pay for a season worth of a 38 year old?

Youre still going on about world class kids yet to regularly play at senior level after several years as pros, and comparing them to highly decorated Frank Ribery. Desperate. :lol:

Youre still going on about world class kids yet to regularly play at senior level after several years as pros, and comparing them to highly decorated Frank Ribery. Desperate. :lol:

This is why your opinion on football is fundamentally wrong. Football is class and all about your opinions but to suggest having a 38 year old for one season or even better 2 far lesser players is entirely favourable to having 5 proper prospects is rediculous and something even I can't smile and nod at.

While I'm sure youre a very competent chap at what you do, your titles suggest this but I'm beyond thankful you're no longer anywhere near the football club we both love.

Last edited:

Yeah but his point has merit given what’s gone on. And your opinion. And your questionable allegiances…

He’s seen as a legend with one of Europe’s biggest clubs, for being a key part of title and Champions League winning sides. Cracking player I don’t see the joke here

Yeah but his point has merit given what’s gone on. And your opinion. And your questionable allegiances…

I don't have allegiances to anyone. Comparing unproven youth team players to one of the greatest players of the modern era is absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe I'm even having to state this.

I don't have allegiances to anyone. Comparing unproven youth team players to one of the greatest players of the modern era is absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe I'm even having to state this.

Youre not having to do anything. You stated giving a formally great player a Swan song with zero future value at 38 is unquestionably better than having an academy. Better than having 5 or more players that have come through the academy and could be capable of playing at a higher level than we are now for the next 15 years. So in theory a team of about 7 Dan neils.

That is what is beyond rediculous, its illogical, its edge of your nose short term termism and a bit scary that it would be someone's preference.

Youre not having to do anything. You stated giving a formally great player a Swan song with zero future value at 38 is unquestionably better than having an academy. Better than having 5 or more players that have come through the academy and could be capable of playing at a higher level than we are now for the next 15 years. So in theory a team of about 7 Dan neils.

That is what is beyond rediculous, its illogical, its edge of your nose short term termism and a bit scary that it would be someone's preference.

You're being silly and putting words in my mouth I didn't say. No one is a bigger fan of Dan Neil than me, and I said that he should have been playing regularly from last season although no one acknowledges this. Many wanted Diamond in and I said that this would be a mistake (since been proven right).

Your post otherwise is just so silly that I assume you're on a wind up or are still feeling the effects of a Saturday night. Cristiano Ronaldo is almost 37 and I'd swap him in a heart beat for very average Football League player like Mumba or Greenwood. You can continue in your fantasy world where our 2018 youth team were all future ballon dor winners, but business decisions are based in reality.

You're being silly and putting words in my mouth I didn't say. No one is a bigger fan of Dan Neil than me, and I said that he should have been playing regularly from last season although no one acknowledges this. Many wanted Diamond in and I said that this would be a mistake (since been proven right).

Your post otherwise is just so silly that I assume you're on a wind up or are still feeling the effects of a Saturday night. Cristiano Ronaldo is almost 37 and I'd swap him in a heart beat for very average Football League player like Mumba or Greenwood. You can continue in your fantasy world where our 2018 youth team were all future ballon dor winners, but business decisions are based in reality.

I'm on the wind up and putting words in your mouth despite you saying numerous times that I believe the youth players we sold to be elite level players and in this case ballon dor winners when what I have really said is they would get in the first team at league one. I'm not sure what I have said that you haven't but thats clearly what you're accusing.

I know you said about Dan Neil and have acknowledged it prior, I know this because you have said it about 20 times due to it being pretty much the only thing correct and I assume you are trying to settle your ego.

Were not talking about Ronaldo who is an accepted exception for the aging rule.

I've not much more to add without being unpleasant but your opinion on club strategy is fundamentally wrong, frivolous and filled with examples of going wrong where as those in charge now, thankfully, are entirely opposed.

I'm on the wind up and putting words in your mouth despite you saying numerous times that I believe the youth players we sold to be elite level players and in this case ballon dor winners when what I have really said is they would get in the first team at league one. I'm not sure what I have said that you haven't but thats clearly what you're accusing.

I know you said about Dan Neil and have acknowledged it prior, I know this because you have said it about 20 times due to it being pretty much the only thing correct and I assume you are trying to settle your ego.

Were not talking about Ronaldo who is an accepted exception for the aging rule.

I've not much more to add without being unpleasant but your opinion on club strategy is fundamentally wrong, frivolous and filled with examples of going wrong where as those in charge now, thankfully, are entirely opposed.

Talk about moving the goal posts. Is it age or is it not? I'll ask you what you think of Ibrahimovic too. There's also nothing to suggest that those players would be up to playing week in week out at this level. No one has acknowledged my views on Neil either by the way.

You're only making yourself look ridiculous when you say that you'd prefer someone like Mumba to players of a certain age (ie. Ronaldo, Ribery, Ibrahimovic). I'd honestly love to see the reaction on Kyril's face when you try to argue that. :lol:

Talk about moving the goal posts. Is it age or is it not? I'll ask you what you think of Ibrahimovic too. There's also nothing to suggest that those players would be up to playing week in week out at this level. No one has acknowledged my views on Neil either by the way.

You're only making yourself look ridiculous when you say that you'd prefer someone like Mumba to players of a certain age (ie. Ronaldo, Ribery, Ibrahimovic). I'd honestly love to see the reaction on Kyril's face when you try to argue that. :lol:

Whose moving the goalposts? Either i am struggling to articulate my argument or youre being daft.

I have acknowledged what you said about Neil prior, I said that already. Tis the one post you have ever got right to my knowledge, well done.

This is the scenario before you change it again, having an academy, having 5 players capable of playing at this level and beyond for the next 10 to 15 years and that all have increasing value or a singular 38 year old (previously world class) for one season. Rediculous indeed.

Talking of the look of kyrils face, twas an interesting one when you were not respecting his partners personal space at the match.

Back