From the Bairn -Foggy

foggy

Striker
This is Becky, foggy's daughter.

I'm so sorry to tell you all that my Dad passed away last Monday on October 12th.

I don't think I need to tell you how amazing he was. Despite suffering two strokes at the end of September and being left only able to speak a few words at a time, he was still cracking jokes right to the end. We managed to bring him home from the hospital, to be cared for where he was comfortable and where we were able to visit him. He passed there, in his home, surrounded by his closest family.

The words strong or brave don't really do him justice in my mind. Though he very much deserved it, he never wanted any attention or praise, and so I'm going to observe his wish to maintain anonymity. I would like to genuinely thank you all for your support over the last three and a half years. I know it meant a lot to him. He taught me to appreciate what I have, to be independent and proud but always humble, and I still can't quite imagine going through life without him. I'm so glad I have this place to revisit, to hear him through his writing. I smile a little bit to think he didn't realise that I already knew how much he swore.

The funeral is on Friday afternoon. If you would like to do anything, please raise a glass, or, better yet, a cuppa, to Foggy at 3:30pm. I'm sure he would have loved that.

Thank you again.

Last edited:

Foggy has been so brave in his dealing with his illness , he’s been an inspiration on here with his constant updating about him and his treatments.

He was clearly very proud of you and your achievements.

I didn’t know the bloke personally, but feel I know him well through his posts on here.

He’ll be a big to miss more than you could imagine.

I’ll raise a glass to him no bother at all.

Another one of our own gone too early.

RIP Foggy.

I'm so sorry to tell you all that my Dad passed away last Monday on October 12th.

I don't think I need to tell you how amazing he was. Despite suffering two strokes at the end of September and being left only able to speak a few words at a time, he was still cracking jokes right to the end. We managed to bring him home from the hospital, to be cared for where he was comfortable and where we were able to visit him. He passed there, in his home, surrounded by his closest family.

The words strong or brave don't really do him justice in my mind. Though he very much deserved it, he never wanted any attention or praise, and so I'm going to observe his wish to maintain anonymity. I would like to genuinely thank you all for your support over the last three and a half years. I know it meant a lot to him. He taught me to appreciate what I have, to be independent and proud but always humble, and I still can't quite imagine going through life without him. I'm so glad I have this place to revisit, to hear him through his writing. I smile a little bit to think he didn't realise that I already knew how much he swore.

The funeral is on Friday afternoon. If you would like to do anything, please raise a glass, or, better yet, a cuppa, to Foggy at 3:30pm. I'm sure he would have loved that.

Thank you again.
Consider it done love . You take care x
@Roger can we have timely sticky please

Last edited:

Thank you again.

Gutted!!!
What a bloke Foggy was, total inspiration to everyone. Reading his posts were just so uplifting for a bloke who was battling as he was.
So sad to hear and thoughts are with you at this sad time. BTW he was so proud of you, never forget that.

Back