From the Bairn -Foggy

Quite an interesting career foggy had n i wished he’d reflected on it more. I bet he was fecking brilliant in his role as a prison officer n no doubt a massive help to both colleagues n inmates through the years.

We've lost some fantastic people over the years on this board and Foggy is right up there with the best of them. Over the years his posts have been as hilarious as they have been humbling, sobering and down right heartbreaking. He sounded like a true fighter. Loved his family and was so very proud of you, Becky. He really is an inspiration to anyone fighting a personal battle.

I was off to bed an hour ago until I stumbled across this thread. I'm sat in my office chair gutted that a bloke I've never met and only spoken with via a football forum on the internet has met his maker. I think that says more about your Dad and his positive energy he gave this board than anything else.

Foggy rest easy. A true legend x

This is Becky, foggy's daughter.

I'm so sorry to tell you all that my Dad passed away last Monday on October 12th.

I don't think I need to tell you how amazing he was. Despite suffering two strokes at the end of September and being left only able to speak a few words at a time, he was still cracking jokes right to the end. We managed to bring him home from the hospital, to be cared for where he was comfortable and where we were able to visit him. He passed there, in his home, surrounded by his closest family.

The words strong or brave don't really do him justice in my mind. Though he very much deserved it, he never wanted any attention or praise, and so I'm going to observe his wish to maintain anonymity. I would like to genuinely thank you all for your support over the last three and a half years. I know it meant a lot to him. He taught me to appreciate what I have, to be independent and proud but always humble, and I still can't quite imagine going through life without him. I'm so glad I have this place to revisit, to hear him through his writing. I smile a little bit to think he didn't realise that I already knew how much he swore.

The funeral is on Friday afternoon. If you would like to do anything, please raise a glass, or, better yet, a cuppa, to Foggy at 3:30pm. I'm sure he would have loved that.

Thank you again.
Lovely words Becky. Yer Da was very well regarded on here. One of the best. 🤍♥️

This is Becky, foggy's daughter.

I'm so sorry to tell you all that my Dad passed away last Monday on October 12th.

I don't think I need to tell you how amazing he was. Despite suffering two strokes at the end of September and being left only able to speak a few words at a time, he was still cracking jokes right to the end. We managed to bring him home from the hospital, to be cared for where he was comfortable and where we were able to visit him. He passed there, in his home, surrounded by his closest family.

The words strong or brave don't really do him justice in my mind. Though he very much deserved it, he never wanted any attention or praise, and so I'm going to observe his wish to maintain anonymity. I would like to genuinely thank you all for your support over the last three and a half years. I know it meant a lot to him. He taught me to appreciate what I have, to be independent and proud but always humble, and I still can't quite imagine going through life without him. I'm so glad I have this place to revisit, to hear him through his writing. I smile a little bit to think he didn't realise that I already knew how much he swore.

The funeral is on Friday afternoon. If you would like to do anything, please raise a glass, or, better yet, a cuppa, to Foggy at 3:30pm. I'm sure he would have loved that.

Thank you again.
That's a wonderful tribute to your wonderful dad, Becky. Thank you & thanks Foggy, la. I never (knowingly) had the privilege of meeting you, but you made an indelible impression on me & (I'm confident in saying) on many others. Peace be with you all.

RIP Fella and condolences to the family. We all knew what he was going through and there was nothing any of us could do to help but his strength shone through with every post.

Back