Frightened Rabbit

Always find it odd where people pretend to like a band when someone in them dies.
Fuck off and stop being a dickhead man. It's a thread about a band a lot of people love and some have admitted they only started listening to recently. Who cares which is which?

And you clearly aren't referring to me, but I bumped this thread the other day which was the first time anyone had in a few weeks, do I fall into that bracket of trying too hard as well or do I just perhaps really like them as a band?

Some wums on here are actually decent crack for my liking but you're incessantly boring mate.

Tiny Changes, the charity set up in his memory, is worth slinging a few quid towards if you can afford it.

Aye, was in contact with his family when they set it up. Have done some bits over the years. Thinking of doing something in a larger scale next year. Want to try and do that mental walk from Russia to Cape Town

Just listening to Midnight Organ Fight.

I miss him. It’s ok not to be ok

I missed this thread the first time round. I was away with work when I saw the news coming in but whenever I got some downtime I was blasting Midnight Organ Fight. Truly a fantastic band.

I remember one time I saw them there was a lad being a bit rowdy in the audience and Scott had overheard the lad ask another lad if he’d taken a pill as his eyes were very wide. Scott interjected “oiii lad, leave him alone! If he wants to come out and have a good time by listening to us and taking gear leave him too it.” It was quite innocuous but made me laugh. Anyway.

I missed this thread the first time round. I was away with work when I saw the news coming in but whenever I got some downtime I was blasting Midnight Organ Fight. Truly a fantastic band.

I remember one time I saw them there was a lad being a bit rowdy in the audience and Scott had overheard the lad ask another lad if he’d taken a pill as his eyes were very wide. Scott interjected “oiii lad, leave him alone! If he wants to come out and have a good time by listening to us and taking gear leave him too it.” It was quite innocuous but made me laugh. Anyway.
Not sure but it affected me miles more than any other death. Think it was down to the fact he just felt like a mate.

Couldn’t listen to them for a good 18 months after. Just hurt too much. The Twist came on randomly a few days after and just had a big long cry on the central line for 30 minutes :lol:

Not sure but it affected me miles more than any other death. Think it was down to the fact he just felt like a mate.

Couldn’t listen to them for a good 18 months after. Just hurt too much. The Twist came on randomly a few days after and just had a big long cry on the central line for 30 minutes :lol:
The whole thing was horrendous. Can’t say I was a fan. I liked a few songs but when he died you Think back to reading the story about why he was called ‘frightened rabbit’ seeing him interviewed, hearing floating in the forth and it was a particularly grim feeling. It’s almost like a story that was written to make you feel shocked and saddened. The perfect storm to make you feel uneasy.

I saw this thread and it prompted me to listen to The Midnight Organ Fight again this morning......forget what an amazing album it is, feeling more emotional and poignant at every listen

I saw this thread and it prompted me to listen to The Midnight Organ Fight again this morning......forget what an amazing album it is, feeling more emotional and poignant at every listen
It’s a stunning album, I still whack it on from time to time, usually when I’m hungover working from home. The lack of endorphins seems to resonate.

Can only agree with what others have said about Midnight Organ Fight.

Still love it but it's totally changed for me since Scott's death. I see the sadness in it far more than the optimism.

It's mad how such a modestly successful band seem to be popular with so many people. I sometimes wonder if it would have been any different if they had a hit single that brought them into the mainstream. Might have actually been worse for Scott tbh.

Back