Frightened Rabbit

Reading an article about Twilight Sad's debut album and Scott's tribute to it is the best part, first paragraph in particular made me laugh.

'I don’t want to over-egg the praise for this album, because licking the arse of a friend is a weird thing to do. Instead I’ll go back and briefly tell it like I remember it. My first encounter with The Twilight Sad was not through listening to their music. It was immediately after an early FR show, when I thought they were collectively hitting on my girlfriend. They weren’t, but this set of Kilsyth ***** still looked wide to me and I wasn’t sure what their game was.'

Real shame that we never got a full album from Scott and James together.

Saw Frank Turner last week and the entire song mix playing in the venue between bands all night was Frightened Rabbit - even one of the support acts, an alt country band from Memphis, mentioned them, so it's clearly hit hard in the business.

Been checking out loads of their stuff recently as I only really knew the Midnight Organ Fight & Pedestrian Verse before this tragedy brought them to more attention.

This is a f***ing glorious song to leave behind as one of your last releases.

Listening to Midnight Organ Fight today. What an album.

Still evokes a canny emotional response unlike nearly everything else these days.

If anyone reading this hasn't listened to this particular album, give it a go.

Welled up at Hyde Park last weekend when Twilight Sad closed with Keep Yourself Warm - couldn’t talk to the missus for a couple of minutes after. Such passionate stuff.

Can’t get him off the car stereo at the moment. Mastersystem is my fave album this year and finally bought Owl John this week (no idea why it took me so long).

Back