Frightened Rabbit

TBH I never heard of them until a few days ago when the news about the lead singer went missing. I just heard that they found the news they found his body. Very sad news.:cry:

Sad news.

My lad is a big fan of the band, he's seen them live a few times and he feared the worst.

I know he'll be gutted at this latest development.

"I think it’s quite a hopeful record in a lot of ways. I was working my way out of some mistakes that I’d made in a relationship. I didn’t write the majority of those songs in the moment. A lot of the feelings had been given time to stew and distill, and I was able to look forward rather than just being in the mire. Thinking about songs like “Floating in the Forth”—I didn’t kill myself. I took that forward into other records. There’s got to be a sense that, as fucked as life can get, we’re still alive and we’re still doing this and we’re going to attempt to carry on. I do think it’s wrongly perceived as a very sad record, although there are some miserable moments on it."

Rank Your Records: Frightened Rabbit’s Scott Hutchison Rates the Band’s Five LPs - Noisey

On a very serious note, if anyone feels like things are overwhelming them so much that there's no way out, tell someone. I'm here to chat if you need to. It won't fix things but it will be the first step in starting to. Likewise, if you think someone you know is struggling, ask them. It could save their life.

Back