Friends

There’s some raging fannies on here mind, Friends would be the most boring pile of shit going except for the two points you make above, these make it the greatest tv show ever to be made. Any red blooded male should be watching just to see Jennifer’s glorious nips.

well done for posting mate :cool: :lol:
She still tops my wad list....
Getting better as she gets older too....😍

OFAH was about a family who lived on the edge of the law, of course it had an edge to it. It lost its way later on when it went down the friends route of all relationships & that like many do when they run out of ideas. Sitcoms should stop after about 3 series.

Oh and friends relying on catchphrases which died out over here in 80s
“Only me”

“Feck, arse”

“I want that one”

“am a bovved”

all shite in my opinion but very popular catchphrases in the 90’s & 00’s

Hated it at the time it was on but it's on constantly now so I dip in and out of it. Nothing wrong with it, some very well crafted comedy in there.
Joey's "moo point" is a fantastic bit of writing. :lol:

Oh and friends relying on catchphrases which died out over here in 80s
The more of your posts I read the more I think you’ve never actually seen Friends. Can you tell me more about these catchphrases please?

As far as I’m aware, there are only 2 characters in the whole of the 10 series who had catchphrases - Joey (“How You Doin”) and Janice (“Oh My God” and she was only in about a season worth of episodes), unless of course you count then slagging off Chandler for emphasising the word “be” in sentences which died out after the first couple of seasons

Except for a few exceptions (Fleabag, After Life, Derry Girls, etc) American sitcoms are in a better shape than UK comedy has been over the last 10 years.

Except for a few exceptions (Fleabag, After Life, Derry Girls, etc) American sitcoms are in a better shape than UK comedy has been over the last 10 years.

New series of Curb Your Enthusiasm is superb.
Britain is dead for comedy. Anything funny offends someone or other.

The more of your posts I read the more I think you’ve never actually seen Friends. Can you tell me more about these catchphrases please?

As far as I’m aware, there are only 2 characters in the whole of the 10 series who had catchphrases - Joey (“How You Doin”) and Janice (“Oh My God” and she was only in about a season worth of episodes), unless of course you count then slagging off Chandler for emphasising the word “be” in sentences which died out after the first couple of seasons

Those were the 2 I was thinking of.
I've only seen about 2 dozen full episodes & bits here & there. I generally don't get American humour.

For some reason or other this show just passed me by, I ended up watching other sitcoms like Frasier, HIMYM and The Big Bang Theory. Decided it was time I actually watched it so binged it all just after Xmas. Really enjoyed it, funny looking back at this and older Simpsons episodes realising how homophobic people were in the 90s.

Love it me, could be fond of all the main characters at given times - Ross was my favourite. Not sure what this latest thing will be like but will always be happy to watch a normal episode.

Back