Friends on Netflix

Comparing it to Big Bang is interesting as I watch both. But Big Bang is like a cartoon strip. Loads of their jokes are just "Nerds are nerds" or "Isn't Sheldon a bellend". Little short scenes with comic one-twos etc. It's enjoyable to me but utter forgettable fluff.
Friends (and Frazier and Seinfeld) were in a different league. Yes there were plenty of missteps - Joey & Rachel was cringey - but overall they were constantly funny, brilliantly written and managed to get the over-riding story lines generally intriguing plus the smaller ones tightly written episodes perfect in themselves. Maybe that was the era for sitcoms whereas nowadays it's The Wire, Breaking Bad longforms that are enjoying a golden age?

I know that sounds stupid but the WWF became one of the highest rated shows on American TV. Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock were big stars in the 90's.
Chris Jericho's a class guy :cool:

Last edited:
Comparing it to Big Bang is interesting as I watch both. But Big Bang is like a cartoon strip. Loads of their jokes are just "Nerds are nerds" or "Isn't Sheldon a bellend". Little short scenes with comic one-twos etc. It's enjoyable to me but utter forgettable fluff.
Friends (and Frazier and Seinfeld) were in a different league. Yes there were plenty of missteps - Joey & Rachel was cringey - but overall they were constantly funny, brilliantly written and managed to get the over-riding story lines generally intriguing plus the smaller ones tightly written episodes perfect in themselves. Maybe that was the era for sitcoms whereas nowadays it's The Wire, Breaking Bad longforms that are enjoying a golden age?

Chris Jericho's a class guy :cool:
Frazier was in a different league tbf. Absolutely brilliant.

I’m sick of this “millennial” shite mind.

A few daft fuckers go overboard finding offence in everything and suddenly that’s endemic across a whole generation?

Bizarre.

Milennials are the most odious soft as shite self centred and self entitled bunch of fuckers around. Get out get a job earn a living work hard for what you have and grow a backbone you soft wankers

I thought Big Bang started out well but now it's, like you say, cartoonish. There's too much sit and not enough com in it now and I'm basically watching it waiting for it to end, which it must do soon, surely? There are still some terrific US sitcoms (Veep, Silicon Valley etc.) but the mainstream ones don't seem to have the quality of comedy that Seinfeld and Frasier, especially, had.

Friends, in particular, was responsible for a whole load of similar shows: HIMYM, Big Bang, New Girl, Happy Endings and a whole load of less successful shows were directly influenced by it and everything from Scrubs to Brooklyn 99 to Modern Family to The Mindy Project is influenced by it to some degree. Of course, the UK had Coupling, which was basically Friends in London.

i think its about 3 people in the whole world. not worthy of an article in the Indi surely.

fucks sake three or four of your mates could complain about peppa pig encouraging animal cruelty or some shit, 4 separate tweets and there would be an article headlined 'peppa pig offensive to parents', 'outrage over childrens program' and 'the internet has decided peppa pig should be banned'

then you would have hundreds or thousands of people sharing the article, stating how stupid people are for being offended by it, and how its gone 'to far' and that you cant say or do anything anymore, and start getting angry at no one in particular. then some mad fucker vegans would pile in stating that kids should be brought up vegetarian then feminists and trump would be brought into and round and round we go.

can people not just ignore this shit?

Haven't read the whole thread yet so sorry if SEB...from 12th December 2017

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5169599/Why-Peppa-Pigs-GP-bad-example-real-patients.html

Billy Crystal and Robin Williams were in it for five minutes and were quite funny

They had a whole host of guest stars (aside from the obvious triumvirate of Selleck, Favreau and Rudd). No Guttenberg though.

As an aside, I've only just found out that the bloke who played Tag (Rachel's assistant/boyfriend) later became Detective Flack in CSI: New York.

Also, Giovanni Ribisi, who was obviously a recurring character as Phoebe's brother Frank, was in the episode Chrissie Hynde guested in playing the lad who accidentally threw a condom into Phoebe's guitar case when she was busking. No idea whether that was intentional.

Also, Giovanni Ribisi, who was obviously a recurring character as Phoebe's brother Frank, was in the episode Chrissie Hynde guested in playing the lad who accidentally threw a condom into Phoebe's guitar case when she was busking. No idea whether that was intentional.

Is that when he comes running back in gutted because its his last blob? :lol:

He also featured in My name is Earl and is the main actor in Sneaky Pete on Amazon

Billy Crystal and Robin Williams were in it for five minutes and were quite funny
George Clooney and the other DR from ER were anarl

They had a whole host of guest stars (aside from the obvious triumvirate of Selleck, Favreau and Rudd). No Guttenberg though.

As an aside, I've only just found out that the bloke who played Tag (Rachel's assistant/boyfriend) later became Detective Flack in CSI: New York.

No one has confirmed either way Ribisi character in that episode.

Last edited:
Is that when he comes running back in gutted because its his last blob? :lol:

He also featured in My name is Earl and is the main actor in Sneaky Pete on Amazon

It is, yeah. He's been in quite a few films as well...

No one has confirmed either way Ribisi character in that episode.

Aye. He's listed as Condom Boy on IMDB.

As far as other guest stars are concerned, Kathleen Turner did a top job as Chandler's dad.

Back