Fridge freezer.................

Freezers have a minimum room temperature. But I doubt your kitchen reaches it.
This. Normally it's low single figures deg C I think. Fridges that operate below this are really designed for garages and the like where there is no heating at all and it's bastard freezing in winter.

A fridge of any type should work in the house

Bit of a weird one this.......well i think so.
Would wake up some mornings and my sausage(ooooer missus) would be soft in the freezer.
Then hard in the afternoons,with no settings changed to the freezer.
This went on for a week or so and was sending me mental,not knowing what was causing it.
Tried defrosting then turning back on chanign fuse wall socket etc.
Only had it just over two month so with it beign in warrenty i rang for someone to come out.
told him what was happening and he didnt even open his toolbox.
Said"it's ambient air"
Because i don't have a radiator in the kitchen,it gets pretty cold.
So at night the air is cold enough to fool the fridge into thinking it doesn't need to start up.
I asked so what do all the other people do who have this kind of problem.
He said i could put it in another room,I said i cant have the freezer in the sitting room when im watchign the telly.
He shrugged said nowt he could do and left.
Which means every time it's cold my sausages go soft and theres nowt i can do about i.
Has this happened to anyone else and did you manage to fool the temperature sensor.
So that your food didn't defrost.
He said my problem was very common but didn't give any suggestions other than a different room.
But what other room could you put it in other than a kitchen and not look mental?
Maybe i should just use the fridge and not freeze owt until the summer.
Bit of a long post this.......................but it really did send me a bit mental trying to figure it out.
I suspect he’s having you on marra. We’ve got a fridge freezer in the shed and never had any of the issues you describe. Could have something to do with the make I suppose.

I tried turning it up to the highest but didn't think about a lower setting,are you sure a lower setting would make it work more?

Just seems a bit daft getting some sort of heater in there just to keep the fridge happy.

It depends how the setting is shown on yours, i mean the lowest temp possible for the fridge. If you have it on the lowest setting the fridge will start up more in order to keep it at its cooler temp, which in turn powers the freezer. This only applies if the thermostat is only located in the Fridge which a lot of Fridge Freezers still do, pretty sure newer models should have dual thermostats now though.

Where did you move it to?
Seems only a few on here have had the same problem,but the bloke who came out said it's dead common.
And during the cold weather most of his call outs are the same issue.
Had to move it to our front room due to the house shape.
Outside air temp in house gets colder than the fridge and the fridge shuts down as it thinks it's already on\stops working.

It depends how the setting is shown on yours, i mean the lowest temp possible for the fridge. If you have it on the lowest setting the fridge will start up more in order to keep it at its cooler temp, which in turn powers the freezer. This only applies if the thermostat is only located in the Fridge which a lot of Fridge Freezers still do, pretty sure newer models should have dual thermostats now though.
I always thought the higher the number the colder the fridge, no?

Back