Friday night pondering....

Is it best to do as much as you can... in the sense of do today what you want to be able to do tomorrow, eg run, walk, work, cycle, swim, whatever... in the hope that when you are in your nineties you can still do these things

OR
Rest your body as much as you can so it doesn't wear out?

I'm aiming for the first but feel the OR is better as I feel worn out more and more these days.

What say you?

Aye, here it is, but it's Friday somewhere and also friday night for me until I wakeup saturday.

You are young and won't suffer aging bones yet I guess.

I dunno. I have a bad hip.

I think it's probably best to keep active. Exceptions to everything of course but I reckon if you took 100 active people and 100 sedentary people and studied them from 25 to 75, the active group would be healthier at 75.

Is it best to do as much as you can... in the sense of do today what you want to be able to do tomorrow, eg run, walk, work, cycle, swim, whatever... in the hope that when you are in your nineties you can still do these things

OR

I'm aiming for the first but feel the OR is better as I feel worn out more and more these days.

What say you?
You need to be active now so you can still be active when you are older. Your body needs movement to continue moving later in life. I know it seems counterproductive but giving your body rest now, means that trying to move your body later will mean aches and pains with each movement. Well, that's my opinion at least.

OR

What say you?
Moderation in everything except the SMB (love Pancho though).

You need to be active now so you can still be active when you are older. Your body needs movement to continue moving later in life. I know it seems counterproductive but giving your body rest now, means that trying to move your body later will mean aches and pains with each movement. Well, that's my opinion at least.
Guess I'll keep on with the the active lifestyle then, it's just that it seems when I ache after a hard day that a nice restful lifestyle laying on the sofa wins.

Moderation in everything except the SMB (love Pancho though).
@Pancho loves moderating.

Last edited:

OR

What say you?
Something in between
Don’t over do it but don’t lie about & do fuck all is probably the best answer
In theory you can be the best athlete on the planet & die of natural causes or be the laziest twat on planet earth & live till 95

I've spent most of my life resting my body.
I've always been naturally thin, could eat anything I wanted to and didn't put on weight. That changed a few years ago and I found my weight creeping up. Start of this year I weighed 96 kilos and felt tired and bloated. I'm bang on 6 ft tall so that weight didn't make me obese but that is how I felt.
I took up cross country running, joined a gym and stopped eating red meat. The difference was amazing and I'm now down to 89k just a few months later. So to answer the ops question I think you have to stay fit and saving your body for when you get older won't work. Well it might for some but generally I'd say do the work now, stay fit and live longer. Hopefully.

It’s Saturday
Sunday tomorrow, then almost back to work.

I've spent most of my life resting my body.
I've always been naturally thin, could eat anything I wanted to and didn't put on weight. That changed a few years ago and I found my weight creeping up. Start of this year I weighed 96 kilos and felt tired and bloated. I'm bang on 6 ft tall so that weight didn't make me obese but that is how I felt.
I took up cross country running, joined a gym and stopped eating red meat. The difference was amazing and I'm now down to 89k just a few months later. So to answer the ops question I think you have to stay fit and saving your body for when you get older won't work. Well it might for some but generally I'd say do the work now, stay fit and live longer. Hopefully.
I'm same as you. December 17, I almost hit 100kg, so thought fuck this. "Almost" cut the booze out, no bread, chips or other shite carbs. Within 6 months I was down to 88. Started going to the gym a bit, and the weight is creeping up, but it seems to be muscle, not kite this time. :lol:

Last edited:
Sunday tomorrow, then almost back to work.

I'm same as you. December 17, I almost hit 100kg, so thought fuck this. "Almost" cut the booze out, no bread, chips or other shite carbs. Within 6 months I was down to 88. Started going to the gym a bit, and the weight is creeping up, but it seems to be muscle, not kite this time. :lol:

I'd say you're some laugh at parties.

What a downer. Just to add to your misery, I'd like to remind you that the nights will be getting darker earlier pretty, pretty soon.

You're welcome.
It matters not to me mate. I'm working quite far north, so it's been light most of the night, and I live in the sunshine, so don't have to put up with shitty British weather. :cool:;)

A bit of both.

Do plenty while you can, but it's important to get plenty of rest also.

OR

What say you?
I have done the former most of my life and am paying for it a bit now. The answer is active moderation with occasional controlled increases in tempo just to make sure you still got it.
Top athletes don't race every day.

Moderation is best.

The crohns kind of controls me. It's has a bit grumble when I'm overdoing things and I know I need to slow down and get a bit more rest otherwise it'll flare up badly.

Back