Friday night music......with a twist

Gonna go off the sound a like theme here, but heard this for first Time on Steve Lamacq show this week. What an unbelievably good tune this is.
Big Sleep / Simple Minds.

Gonna go off the sound a like theme here, but heard this for first Time on Steve Lamacq show this week. What an unbelievably good tune this is.

I listened to the whole of that. It was good. It was what I expected from them. Nothing more

I listened to the whole of that. It was good. It was what I expected from them. Nothing more

I’d heard their earlier album Empires and Dance and thought it was really great. I really enjoyed this album and thought it was a perfect bridge from their earlier sound to mega stardom. No idea why it was played in its entirety this week on radio.

Songs that sound like someone else and if you can’t be bothered with that just post owt you like.
My offer is this, now who does this sound like ?
That is such a class song. I absolutely love it.
Love this thread.

its very much a new order rip off but many bands have done that
Her indoors always think this Bowie classic is the Stones

What a coincidence...just listening to the Bowie Loving The Alien boxed set, The Glass Spider live album version of that song, right now

Last edited:

Love that song and the album... Somebody Up There Likes You is awesome

I like their earlier stuff a lot . I Travel is brilliant, heard "Love Song" the other week for the first time in ages which never dates, and Songs for Great Cities was ahead of its time. Forbes basslines were great.... they then lost their subtlety and became ever more stadium rock, though I do like Waterfront ( even though Sheff Wednesday used to run out to it )

Back