Friday night is music night

About ten years ago our daughter lived in Paphos Cyprus. We used to go over regularly. One time we went over and she had a car she wasn’t using, so we took it and drove to Ayia Napa, stayed there then Protaras, then crossed the line and stayed at Kyrenia in the north. We were gone about ten days and the only cd in the car was Cole’s Corner by Richard Hawley.
We gave it some hammer and of course, we fell in love with The Ocean.

About ten years ago our daughter lived in Paphos Cyprus. We used to go over regularly. One time we went over and she had a car she wasn’t using, so we took it and drove to Ayia Napa, stayed there then Protaras, then crossed the line and stayed at Kyrenia in the north. We were gone about ten days and the only cd in the car was Cole’s Corner by Richard Hawley.
That’s great mate.
I had the misfortune of travelling from Amsterdam to Hameln in a car with my brother in law and his only album was The Eagles Greatest Hit’s.
I hated them then and I can’t listen to them at all now. :lol::lol:

When that lp came out it was almost the only thing I listened to for months. Still magic

Last edited:
That’s great mate.
I had the misfortune of travelling from Amsterdam to Hameln in a car with my brother in law and his only album was The Eagles Greatest Hit’s.
I hated them then and I can’t listen to them at all now. :lol::lol:
I know I waffle on but….. a few years ago I was sat sipping wine listening to Johnny Walker in the kitchen. Our lass poked her head round the door and asked “ Do you fancy going to see The Eagles with our Tracey( sister) and Paul(bil)
I was feeling mellow so said “ Yeah whatever”.
About an hour later she poked her head round again and shouted “ It’s all sorted “
I carried on drinking wine. Thinking we might have to go to Leeds or Manchester to see them.
Later that night she informed me we had two tickets to see them at Wembley Stadium on an August bank holiday.
The cost was £185……..per ticket.😳 hotel on top, train fare down and food and drink to buy.
Covid kicked in. The concert was postponed. I urged them to get a refund but it was a no.
Anyway eventually after another postponement the concert was cancelled and we got our money back from Wembley and the hotel.
That was a close shave.😄

I know I waffle on but….. a few years ago I was sat sipping wine listening to Johnny Walker in the kitchen. Our lass poked her head round the door and asked “ Do you fancy going to see The Eagles with our Tracey( sister) and Paul(bil)
I was feeling mellow so said “ Yeah whatever”.
About an hour later she poked her head round again and shouted “ It’s all sorted “
I carried on drinking wine. Thinking we might have to go to Leeds or Manchester to see them.
Later that night she informed me we had two tickets to see them at Wembley Stadium on an August bank holiday.
The cost was £185……..per ticket.😳 hotel on top, train fare down and food and drink to buy.
Covid kicked in. The concert was postponed. I urged them to get a refund but it was a no.
Anyway eventually after another postponement the concert was cancelled and we got our money back from Wembley and the hotel.
That was a close shave.😄
Result marra! :lol:

Back