Fresh outbreak in China

That was my first question. If it's not a new variant then surely this is a complete non story. It's just the same as cases increasing in any other part of the world but because its China it feeds into an opportunity for sensationalism.
This was my question as well. When I first glanced at the headline at the top of the thread I thought it was another bloody virus altogether that had broken out :eek:

This was my question as well. When I first glanced at the headline at the top of the thread I thought it was another bloody virus altogether that had broken out :eek:

Exactly what they want you to think. The headline treads that line of ambiguity between being true and misleading you into thinking its a new virus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever anyone says about China there is no doubt that they have this virus well under control. Heavy restrictions on travel, combined with their testing and vaccination programme has seen to that. The BBC won't report on that of course, preferring to be sensationalist in their reporting.

That was my first question. If it's not a new variant then surely this is a complete non story. It's just the same as cases increasing in any other part of the world but because its China it feeds into an opportunity for sensationalism.
In a country thats has a 1.5 billion population and(reportedly)has had less than 100,000 cases and less than 5000 deaths, it's time for me to return to my breakfast and crack on.

Whatever anyone says about China there is no doubt that they have this virus well under control. Heavy restrictions on travel, combined with their testing and vaccination programme has seen to that. The BBC won't report on that of course, preferring to be sensationalist in their reporting.

Careful now don't speak common sense or you'll be implicated in the conspiracy that the CCP are running this forum :lol:

I live in shandong, we came out of lockdown April last year. The beef I have is the CCP didn't like other countries banning flights from China in the beginning, backed by the CHO...yes, the Chinese health organisation. Yet once out of lockdown. Flights from other countries inc UK USA etc have been banned flying INTO China. I've got friends in UK, America, Australia Ireland, Thailand, Phillipnes and various other places who can't get into China to continue their jobs. They left in January 2019 and haven't been able to return since then.
Some of them married with kids in China.

S
I live in shandong, we came out of lockdown April last year. The beef I have is the CCP didn't like other countries banning flights from China in the beginning, backed by the CHO...yes, the Chinese health organisation. Yet once out of lockdown. Flights from other countries inc UK USA etc have been banned flying INTO China. I've got friends in UK, America, Australia Ireland, Thailand, Phillipnes and various other places who can't get into China to continue their jobs. They left in January 2019 and haven't been able to return since then.
Some of them married with kids in China.
Same here mate. However, they can get back in now, but it's a right clart on. Flights are around £1800 one way, then there's the quarantine costs. It is doable though, albeit at a price. Drop me a PM if you need any help.

Back