Free Masonry

Hardly going to say.. I'm a freemason I've been done for drink driving ..

To be fair how many people do you know who have been done for drink driving. And how many freemason do you know
Put it this way I know a few coppers and specials that have been sent on their way. Probably a few years back but it happened. It’s not the institution it was. And I got invited to a meeting back in the day.

Hardly going to say.. I'm a freemason I've been done for drink driving ..

To be fair how many people do you know who have been done for drink driving. And how many freemason do you know

My old boss on germany was a mason and got away with drink driving many o time for that reason. That was in the 80/90s though.

My dad was a Mason for many many years and wanted me to join but it was not for me and working away for most of my life it would have been difficult to go to the lodge on a regular basis. He loved a good secret society was also a buffalo in his younger days! Think he enjoyed it hahaha after he died we still get a gift from them on his birthday and a Christmas.

Some idiot once booked our works Christmas dinner at the local Freemason's hall. Which as you can imagine went down very well with the Catholics, women, and people of colour :)
That’s a very naive comment.

Whilst catholics are discouraged from joining, that’s the church’s doing, certainly not the masons.

There are plenty of lady masons

Both of those comments can be attributed to ignorance but the reference to people of colour is quite appalling really. Why would you think they would have an issue with the location ?

Loads of blokes at work are in it. They aren’t allowed to talk about it so I love referring to them as “The Funky Handshake Gang” and whenever one of them gets promoted/selected for something I say it’s because of that.

I work with the bloke who is/was the Grand Poohbah (Flinstones reference) of his lodge or even the whole of the North, it's all a bit secret. He got to travel all over the shop for meetings. I recall him going to Tenerife for a weekend gratis just to represent. Never got an invite from him but I think they look for people who can bring something to the party for the benefit of the other members.

All of which are welcome. Any faith, there's women only lodges and have been for over 100 years and any race is welcome.
I'm a freemason.

Any faith but not no faith. You have to profess a belief in God to join, iirc?

My uncle is a member but I've never asked him about it.
He loved a good secret society was also a buffalo in his younger days!
My dad was in the buffs for years, anyone who got into the lodge at the Gunners club would probably know him.

Last edited:
I work with the bloke who is/was the Grand Poohbah (Flinstones reference) of his lodge or even the whole of the North, it's all a bit secret. He got to travel all over the shop for meetings. I recall him going to Tenerife for a weekend gratis just to represent. Never got an invite from him but I think they look for people who can bring something to the party for the benefit of the other members.
Wrong

All of which are welcome. Any faith, there's women only lodges and have been for over 100 years and any race is welcome.
I'm a freemason.

So. Everyone’s welcome?

So what’s the point, and why’s it secret then?

Back