Free Holidays for ex miners.

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
My old man is away to Scarborough for a week with my Mam on Monday for a week. Bed Breakfast and evening meal and a day in York for absolutely nowt courtesy of the below...

CISWO | Coal Industry Social Welfare Organisation

You have to have worked at the pit for ten years. I know it’s not exactly a week in Bali but it’s for nowt and they’re pushing 70 so they like a trip away. Thought it might have been of use to some on here.

All my Dad did was called the number on the website.

My old man is away to Scarborough for a week with my Mam on Monday for a week. Bed Breakfast and evening meal and a day in York for absolutely nowt courtesy of the below...

CISWO | Coal Industry Social Welfare Organisation

You have to have worked at the pit for ten years. I know it’s not exactly a week in Bali but it’s for nowt and they’re pushing 70 so they like a trip away. Thought it might have been of use to some on here.

All my Dad did was called the number on the website.
Spent this week in a lodge cabin on the north east coast and was in Scarborough yesterday, the old man will love it. Some cracking days out around these places.

Spent this week in a lodge cabin on the north east coast and was in Scarborough yesterday, the old man will love it. Some cracking days out around these places.
It is a hotel but I’ve had a look and it looks a canny place. They aren’t really arsed about where they are as long as they can have a mooch about. I went away with them last year and hated every minute of it. They spend all day rummaging about in antique shops.

And work down a pit for ten years.
Just thought I’d share mate.

It is a hotel but I’ve had a look and it looks a canny place. They aren’t really arsed about where they are as long as they can have a mooch about. I went away with them last year and hated every minute of it. They spend all day rummaging about in antique shops.

A very selfless gesture.

Don't think the lad was being sarcasic, just saying he earned it by working under the ground.

For sarcasm see my post which i actually feel a bit bad about in retrospect, Can't help myself.

Nice thing to offer considering what a lot of people sacrificed healthwise etc.

Don't think the lad was being sarcasic, just saying he earned it by working under the ground.

For sarcasm see my post which i actually feel a bit bad about in retrospect, Can't help myself.

Nice thing to offer considering what a lot of people sacrificed healthwise etc.
I’m not arsed wether they deserve it or not. I just thought I’d share given my old man has a free holiday

Its only good if you got kids realy. We Spent most of the day down the 2 bays on the front and thoroughly enjoyed it. The coloured sheds on the north bay beach, i noticed a couple were for sale. One was 42grand and the other was 56grand which i found amusing for a shed with a with a tiny kitchen in.

Back