Free Fanmade Games

L

Lexingtongue

Recently found out about Streets of Rage Remake which is pretty decent although it does add a few elements that I don't appreciate being a Streets of Rage purist. Played Another Metroid Remake II a while back too, which really was excellent.

Are there any others out there that I've missed? It's nice to revisit these classics as labours of love from old fans of the games when the original creators can't be arsed to do anything with beloved franchises.

..... It's nice to revisit these classics as labours of love from old fans of the games when the original creators can't be arsed to do anything with beloved franchises.
A new Streets of rage is in development and there have been 3 or 4 metroid games in the last decade.

I am quite looking forward to skywind.

A new Streets of rage is in development and there have been 3 or 4 metroid games in the last decade.

I am quite looking forward to skywind.
SoRR was released years ago, though, well before SoR4 was announced. Also, the Metroid games that have been released in the last decade have been FPS bar that one made by Team Ninja which I enjoyed but got slated by pretty much everyone else.

SoRR was released years ago, though, well before SoR4 was announced. Also, the Metroid games that have been released in the last decade have been FPS bar that one made by Team Ninja which I enjoyed but got slated by pretty much everyone else.
True about the metroid genre shift, if you want that kind of thing you need to go with some indie metroidvania.

Broken Sword 2.5 - solid effort from a fan based effort.

Even better that it’s endorsed by Revolution (as long as they’re not using their IP for profit).

Back