Free/Cheap summer days out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was about to post a similar thread looking for ideas but with the possibility of an overnight stay somewhere. Should be just arriving in Cape Verde now but had to cancel 2 days ago because my eldest has chicken pox. I'm devestated........and bored being confined to the house with 2 little uns.

Was about to post a similar thread looking for ideas but with the possibility of an overnight stay somewhere. Should be just arriving in Cape Verde now but had to cancel 2 days ago because my eldest has chicken pox. I'm devestated........and bored being confined to the house with 2 little uns.
Nightmare, my bairn also has Chicken Pox, the majority of the spots materialised today, hopefully not too many more come :cry: (And I've never had f***ing Chicken Pox so fingers crossed I don't get the bastard at 41 :confused:)

Aww that's a rubbish thing to happen :( Hope you can still find some fun things to do when the bairn has recovered xx

Thank you for being sensible and staying at home though. It really annoys me when people think it's ok to take an infectious child out and about as it's "only chicken pox."

Aww that's a rubbish thing to happen :( Hope you can still find some fun things to do when the bairn has recovered xx

Thank you for being sensible and staying at home though. It really annoys me when people think it's ok to take an infectious child out and about as it's "only chicken pox."

Thought they werent infectious once the spots were out ?

Am probably wrong like

Nightmare, my bairn also has Chicken Pox, the majority of the spots materialised today, hopefully not too many more come :cry: (And I've never had f***ing Chicken Pox so fingers crossed I don't get the bastard at 41 :confused:)
My little lad started getting them last Sunday. He looks a clip now but is well and his normal self. It's so frustrating.

It's trying to find things to do though as he's probably not infectious now but don't really want the hassle from other parents if we're out and about in areas crowded with children. Shouldn't be too long though till his skin is a lot better. Hoping to make the air show on Sunday, South Lakes safari next week and some fruit picking somewhere. Still hoping even to get away towards the end of the 6weeks. The only potential problem though is my nearly 2 year old who is likely to become unwell soon.

Am probably wrong like
Not infectious once they've crusted and dried. Thomson insist you're 7 days clear from appearance of last spot to fly.

Am probably wrong like

It's just before the spots come out and while they have fresh spots. It usually takes 5-7 days after the spots appear for them all to go crusty and scabbed. They're infectious until all the spots are crusty. It's an airborne virus and spreads through contact so that's how it goes through school classes so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back