Free/Cheap summer days out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another one that we'll be visiting for the first time this year. Hardwick Park offer a Gruffalo trail with clues to follow, ending up at the giant wicker Gruffalo. Parking is £3 for the day, and it's £1.50 for the trail. There isn't a play park, but it looks like it is a beautiful place, and that the kids should enjoy exploring the forest and lake areas.

There's two play parks at Hardwick mind.

Reactions: PTR
They usually have one in The Bridges which is walking distance from the real beach :confused:

My post wasn't a parochial one against Newcastle. Never seen that one and it isn't on the list. Same applies though, it's a sandpit, not a beach.

32. PULL UP A DECKCHAIR ON THE QUAYSIDE BEACH

I could understand if you lived in Birmingham or Leeds or Nottingham, but Newcastle is about 6 miles from a real, proper beach. Why not just gan there instead of a glorified sandpit?
Transport links, reasonable parking, convenient as deckchairs already there, loads of places for food and drink, decent view of some class buildings, bit of a suntrap when the sun is out, easily tie in a short stop there when doing something else in the area.

No Chester park :evil:

Trip down the park, feed the ducks & swans then bairns into the park area for a bit and a game of cricket on the grass. Finish the afternoon off with an instant bbq, a canny few hours out when the weather is nice.

25. SPLASH ABOUT AT CHESTER LE STREET RIVERSIDE PARK

Having visited most of the water features within parks in the North East, I think that the splash pad at Chester-le-Street is the best one out there. It's like something you'd find on holiday with loads of features and fountains. The park is absolutely massive, all really spread out and they have lots of areas for older kids, as well as big pre-school area. Cafe is a bit naff (it doesn't sell cake!) but you can't have everything. There are loads of walks to do around this park, and you can feed the ducks and swans if you take some seed with you. There are parking charges for this park - and there is often a bouncy castle too, so either take some change or try and distract the kids whilst you are passing it.

25. SPLASH ABOUT AT CHESTER LE STREET RIVERSIDE PARK

Having visited most of the water features within parks in the North East, I think that the splash pad at Chester-le-Street is the best one out there. It's like something you'd find on holiday with loads of features and fountains. The park is absolutely massive, all really spread out and they have lots of areas for older kids, as well as big pre-school area. Cafe is a bit naff (it doesn't sell cake!) but you can't have everything. There are loads of walks to do around this park, and you can feed the ducks and swans if you take some seed with you. There are parking charges for this park - and there is often a bouncy castle too, so either take some change or try and distract the kids whilst you are passing it.

Can you till I just skimmed over after the first few like Paddy ?

At least it's on the list so my :evil: turned to :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back