Free boiler

Anyway of getting one if no one in your household is in receipt of benefits? Asking for a friend :p
Currently in the process of trying to see if I can sort something out for my mum

my old man was a miner so kept his coal allowence, which then passed onto her. The fire is getting on now though and has a few issues but with regulations you cant get the same type of system and it cant be repaired. Plus with her age and health issues is getting a bit much to take care of loading coal and emptying it.

There are currently a couple of schemes available, eco 4 and another one I forgot the name of. Energy companies have a fund where they are installing insulation and more efficient boilers.

Sunderland city council are partnering with Eon and utilita. You dont have to be a customer with them to use them.

it seems like allot of companies now though are pushing towards heat pumps.

we have an assessor coming out at the end of the month so I will have to wait and see what I can get her.

There seem to be allot of other companies out there offering free boilers etc but im not sure how trust worthy they are

Last edited:
I got a letter from a company talking about a scheme where it goes on your council tax band only. Offering all sorts, cavity wall, solar, heat pumps, boilers, loft insulation etc.

Anyway, if you want the number of a good, local, reliable lad, £1670 for a fully fitted boiler, I got the Hive too so probably only £1500 without. Let me know if you want his number.

I got a letter from a company talking about a scheme where it goes on your council tax band only. Offering all sorts, cavity wall, solar, heat pumps, boilers, loft insulation etc.

Anyway, if you want the number of a good, local, reliable lad, £1670 for a fully fitted boiler, I got the Hive too so probably only £1500 without. Let me know if you want his number.
The boilers on offer are bio mass if removing a combi. It’s only part cost too.

The boilers on offer are bio mass if removing a combi. It’s only part cost too.
There’s always a catch, just happened to receive the letter.

You get nowt for nowt in this day and age.

My mate has a rental house, a house he had when him and his lass met so now rent it out. He got offered free cavity wall through the managing agent, some scheme running in Sunderland. Anyway, it’s not cavity wall as we know it, it’s batten, boards and insulated between that. So in every room on the outer walls you lose a few inches and it just sounded a right mess of a job. The tenant kicked right off and quite rightly so.

Usually have to be on some sort of benefit to qualify , in laws got one & I wasn’t impressed with the quality of the work
Forget heat pumps
Waste of time

There’s always a catch, just happened to receive the letter.

You get nowt for nowt in this day and age.

My mate has a rental house, a house he had when him and his lass met so now rent it out. He got offered free cavity wall through the managing agent, some scheme running in Sunderland. Anyway, it’s not cavity wall as we know it, it’s batten, boards and insulated between that. So in every room on the outer walls you lose a few inches and it just sounded a right mess of a job. The tenant kicked right off and quite rightly so.
They’ve stopped filling the cavities. Rightly so, it was a terrible idea.

But you are right most of the schemes that the government are involved in benefit only them.
I remember down gray/Athol road area when they got the massive grant for roofs/walls etc. they offered the private landlords a cut price of £29k to get their roofs replaced under the scheme.
:lol:

They’ve stopped filling the cavities. Rightly so, it was a terrible idea.

But you are right most of the schemes that the government are involved in benefit only them.
I remember down gray/Athol road area when they got the massive grant for roofs/walls etc. they offered the private landlords a cut price of £29k to get their roofs replaced under the scheme.
:lol:
I agree on the cavity fill. It’s there for a reason… 🤷‍♂️

Back