Freddie Shepherd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, but his financial acumen would have put us in the same boat that Sunderland are in now.
Say what you will about Ashley (who has covered £130M of debt) but the club has at least got the means to avoid bankruptcy. Once again it's about being careful what you wish for...

A reasoned response, also have a like

Undoubtedly, hence the appointment of Allardyce. He had ambition though, flawed as it was.

I would go with say nowt if you aint got something good to say when it comes to someone passing like. Poor taste this thread, I would expect better from a group of adults like. Football does bring the bad side out in decent people at times tbh.

"Newcastle girls are dogs. England is full of them. Me, I like blondes, big bust, good legs. I don't like coloured girls. I want a lesbian show with handcuffs."

"Alan Shearer is boring – we call him Mary Poppins."

Dave Whelan, compared current Newcastle owner Mike Ashley unfavourably with the former chairman Freddy Shepherd. "Freddy had great dignity," Whelan said. To which the cry of "when?" could be heard echoing across the north-east.

Logon or register to see this image

Legend RIP FAT FRED

I suppose him and Hall brought excitement to the Mags, they also milked the club and left a financial mess for Ashley to clear up.
Oh and he sacked Sir Bobby after 4 games.
R.I.P.

I am just waiting for the thread to start going even more downhill when the picture of Ghost Cloud Bobby Robson welcoming sparkly ghost Shepherd to the ethereal plane with a crouching dog looking on gets published on their Facebook group.

This thread is f***ing awful. Either pay your condolences or stfu. Regardless of your opinion he was liked by some so do the decent thing and keep quiet ffs.

Dunno whats more annoying over the top mourning or people that constantly waffle on about it like their opinion is somehow more valid and warranted than someone elses.
Totally agree mate. Some of the posts are an embarrassment to our club.

Truly outstanding businessman. Sold a warehouse to his brother for £250k then rented it back on behalf of NUFC at circa £2m a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back