Freddie Shepherd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made some very good decisions, made some very bad decisions. Helped build the club but he lined his pockets while doing so, often at the clubs cost. Not much more needs to be said. RIP.

can that be proved? I highly doubt our chairman wouldn't be at a UEFA cup semi final tie??
Just going off what he told me, he's a reliable sort of lad so I've no reason to doubt him. See if you can find any pics from the internet to prove otherwise.
Edit. Pics of Freddie at the match, not on the bandit btw

Last edited:
Bobby Knutt, Tony Booth, Liz Dawn, as well

and Ramsay didn't even score last night

Statue? For this highly esteemed geordie icon.
I wonder why there is none for stokoe, seeing as he was a fa cup winning skipper for nufc.

Something most icons failed to achieve there

On my way to Ipswich lads and absolutely pissed so apologies but.....

He wanted the death of anything football related that wasnt NUFC

Never happy that someone has died mind and totally 100% RIP and condolences to his family but to be honest I ain't really bothered. Really apologise for any family members and close friends.

Bobby Knutt, Tony Booth, Liz Dawn, as well

and Ramsay didn't even score last night

I wonder why there is none for stokoe, seeing as he was a fa cup winning skipper for nufc.

Did they spit on him?.....maybe a theme.

there isn't one for Moncur either and he won the fairs cup for us

and while I loved Robson and recognise his achievements in the game, we won fuck all under him so us having his statue right outside the ground is a strange one

I followed him being interviewed on the radio once, where he was a bit bitter about us and our mutant friends down the road. I thought I would be the bigger man and said I wished them and the Smoggies all the best, and that them being stronger helps the rest of us in the North East football. This was in the days when I just read on here and did not post. I came on here later on and there was someone saying something like"Did you hear that traitorous bastard not wishing ill will upon the Mags!?!?" which soon turned into a chorus.

Made some very good decisions, made some very bad decisions. Helped build the club but he lined his pockets while doing so, often at the clubs cost. Not much more needs to be said. RIP.

A sensible post.

shearer has tweeted his sadness and his thanks for "bringing him home"

does shearer really think that? I had comments about my dad, after he died, which were of a similar style, despite those commenting, great bloke, and all that, but none of them visited him for about 10 years before he died.

its sycophantic responses to a person's passing, i can't stand

makes me a bad person, so be it, I'll survive it

He done loads for the club and the region's workforce, got pissed a few times (embarrassing himself and the region) and made some other mistakes in his administration.

At least he was massively ambitious (albeit too much) though. Stark difference from the dafty that is currently in charge.

RIP.
Aye, but his financial acumen would have put us in the same boat that Sunderland are in now.
Say what you will about Ashley (who has covered £130M of debt) but the club has at least got the means to avoid bankruptcy. Once again it's about being careful what you wish for...

Had some of my favourite days involving football under his stewardship and I can be grateful for those while being aware of his shortcomings, but still be respectful of a man's passing.

RIP Mr Shepherd
A reasoned response, also have a like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back