Freddie Shepherd

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dunno, I just don’t like faux respect.

Not really sure it's faux respect is it? Notable story for North East football and it's never great when someone dies for the most part anyway.

Seems a bit weird to me that someone would think 'Fuck him' (not you, someone else in the thread) when someone dies because he supported a different football team. Must not have much going on in their life if they're that consumed by football.

Yes sad, brought Alan home and without that we would never of had Sunderland's greatest chant. Even going strong today, years after he retired.

Don't get me wrong the fella was a bit of a gobshite and he made the disastrous mistake with Robson and Souness

But compared to what we have now at least we enjoyed the football at times when he was there

As I also said he was a decent businessman who done good for North East jobs

RIP fat fred
Must agree with you there as he was there pre new football when we were both crap and if it wasn't for Sir John Hall you'd have been down with us until Reid walked in.

Not really sure it's faux respect is it? Notable story for North East football and it's never great when someone dies for the most part anyway.

Seems a bit weird to me that someone would think 'Fuck him' (not you, someone else in the thread) when someone dies because he supported a different football team. Must not have much going on in their life if they're that consumed by football.
Totally agree mate. Starting to get embarrassed by fellow supporters at some of the posts.

One of my Mag mates who was in the navy was stationed in Gibraltar when they played Marseille in the UEFA cup semi. He told me he was in a bar there watching it and Freddie Shepherd was also there, he said Freddie spent all game playing on a bandit with his back to the TV not paying any attention whatsoever to the mstch

Not a fan of him for obvious reasons and this thread was always going to go in that direction, but rest in piece Freddie, no more need be said, it's all history.

RIP and condolences to his family

ambitious chairman, revamped the ground and brought in some great players and European football

unfortunately it was all on the never never and I could see us doing a Leeds/Portsmouth at the time so was happy he had gone.

Done a lot for the region as a whole and has to be commended for that

I would guess he is viewed in the same way Bob Murray is for you lot in that he had the club (new stadium, premier league football etc etc) and its prospects at heart but also fattening his wallet at the same time and when the arabs and Russian billionaires turned up didn't have the personal fortune to compete and couldn't take it any further

One of my Mag mates who was in the navy was stationed in Gibraltar when they played Marseille in the UEFA cup semi. He told me he was in a bar there watching it and Freddie Shepherd was also there, he said Freddie spent all game playing on a bandit with his back to the TV not paying any attention whatsoever to the mstch

can that be proved? I highly doubt our chairman wouldn't be at a UEFA cup semi final tie??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back