Freddie Mercury

Name a better vocalist and performer.
George Michael did a better job with Queen than Freddie. His Wembley performance with May, Deacon and Taylor in 1992 showed just how good Queen could have been with a better front man.

George Michael did a better job with Queen than Freddie. His Wembley performance with May, Deacon and Taylor in 1992 showed just how good Queen could have been with a better front man.
Have to disagree. Listen to when he sings Somebody To Love, he doesn't get anywhere near the high notes and can't do the vocal run a.t the crescendo the song. I'm a massive fan of George Michael, absolutely love him he's a class performer, but he's not as good a vocalist as Freddie

Have to disagree. Listen to when he sings Somebody To Love, he doesn't get anywhere near the high notes and can't do the vocal run a.t the crescendo the song. I'm a massive fan of George Michael, absolutely love him he's a class performer, but he's not as good a vocalist as Freddie
Fair enough mate. Freddie has a higher octave and does it really well but I love the George version.

Freddie wasn’t that good live.
Eh? You've seen Live Aid right? There are plenty other live shows you can watch in their entirety, he's mint man!
Fair enough mate. Freddie has a higher octave and does it really well but I love the George version.
Fairs mate. Opinions and all that. I even like the Elton recordings when he played that gig with them. Not on par with George.

Last edited:
Freddie wasn’t that good live.

He was like.

What he struggled to do was maintain his voice through tours, especially in the 80s.

However he probably got HIV around 81/82 and started developing HIV related throat/mouth problems at that time. Add the fact he went full tilt every performance, I think we can give him that.

Live Aid for 20 minutes he was superb. 86 at Wembley mid way through the Magic tour you can hear him struggling at the end. Next month in Hungary his voice is suffering worse as his movement and by Knebworth, his last gig, you can hear he was fucked at the end

Eh? You've seen Live Aid right? There are plenty other live shows you can watch in their entirety, he's mint man!
Sorry, the term not that good was wrong.
Of course I’ve seen live aid and other performances he was a fantastic showman and live performer.
I just think on some of the high notes live he struggled a bit.

Back