Frasier

Favourite show of all time (and by some margin) but no way they should even consider bringing it back plus without John Mahoney it wouldn't be the same.

Even just picking up the odd re-run shows there's just too many good episodes to pick from, but one I do love is the episode in series one where Frasier buys some art turning out to be a fake and it ending up with Niles throwing a brick through the window of the gallery :lol:

"Fine art forgery department please "

Fawlty Towers is the only sitcom that trumps Frasier for me. Fawlty Towers only had to maintain its levels of excellence for 12 episodes though. For Frasier to maintain its standards for 264 episodes says everything about quality of the writing and the talent of the main characters.

I think Meena in Still Game was a better character that wasn't seen. It's subjective and nitpicking though. Maris was cleverly crafted to enable Niles to show much more emotion than just infatuation with the housekeeper.

As I think I mentioned, i've been working through the last 2 seasons that I never saw previously. Ended today with the final double ep.

Still made me laugh, right to the end with the apple-pie shagger as a new vet, delivering a baby and using a vet's examination room for a wedding ceremony ffs :lol:

Twist at the very end too, typical.

As I think I mentioned, i've been working through the last 2 seasons that I never saw previously. Ended today with the final double ep.

Still made me laugh, right to the end with the apple-pie shagger as a new vet, delivering a baby and using a vet's examination room for a wedding ceremony ffs :lol:

Twist at the very end too, typical.
Friends and Frasier finished the same month back in 2004, the final Frasier episode was easily the best of the 2 IMO. The scene where everyone was watching him do his final radio show and then the twist as you say when he lands in Chicago and to be with Charlotte, class.

Friends and Frasier finished the same month back in 2004, the final Frasier episode was easily the best of the 2 IMO. The scene where everyone was watching him do his final radio show and then the twist as you say when he lands in Chicago and to be with Charlotte, class.
There's other things. Like how he steps back and admires his finally-perfect apartment, then realises that its missing the most important thing - people, and knows its time to let go and move on.

Can't beleive how timeless its turned out to be. Suppose one thing is the total lack of pop-culture in the show in favour of "high" culture.

There's other things. Like how he steps back and admires his finally-perfect apartment, then realises that its missing the most important thing - people, and knows its time to let go and move on.

Can't beleive how timeless its turned out to be. Suppose one thing is the total lack of pop-culture in the show in favour of "high" culture.
Yep, the first series is on channel 4 at the moment, still stands the test of time.

Was the Cleese episode of Cheers summit to do with Frazier? Both being psychiatrists is why I’ve asked. Twas so long ago....

Back