Frankie Boyle

Discussion in 'SMB' started by houst69, Feb 6, 2019.

1. BigPete

BigPete Striker

Seen him live years ago at the Metro Arena was funny as fuck.

Nig likes this.
  2. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

No not at all. When I heard him say it on Mock the Week it was funny. When it was basically repeated but as a stand up routine, I was a bit let down.
    Still funny, but not as spontaneous

3. JAZZMANB

JAZZMANB Striker

He seems capable with a bit prep of knocking some great stuff up but the Netflix show i watched just came across as a bloke very bitter about everything and everyone .Seem to remember him heckling someone and it getting really unwatchable and unfunny and embarrassing

4. What A Waster

What A Waster Winger

Its the other way round though tbf.
    They have the jokes, and the tv panel shows are a vehicle for them to showcase their material. They know the questions beforehand and there's tons of retakes of the same joke to give the illusion of spontaneity

5. West_Winger

West_Winger Midfield

We were on the second row but on the aisle seats and he was literally going along every person on the front row. We were convinced he’d talk to us but thankfully he didn’t. :lol:

dafunk2 likes this.
  6. nilid69

nilid69 Midfield

He's very tight, but that makes it really stand out when he re-tells a joke. He always does it exactly the same, timing, intonation etc... very well rehearsed, which is fine, but it does highlight the lack of spontaneity.

Keawyeds likes this.
  7. Nig

Nig Midfield

Seen him at Manchester.
    One of a few comedians who can have me in hysterics.

8. The Falcon

The Falcon Midfield

Spot on. Money for nowt and an arseole to boot

9. Latka Gravas

Latka Gravas Striker

Try Sarah Millican, Russell Howard or Michael McIntyre, proper fuckin shite.

10. Alreet Chubby?

11. There's one where a bloke in the audience tries to leave, Frankie says something like I hope you get cancer in your arse that then clears, but you get raped and the rapist says your arse is tight, and you realise it's because the cancer has come back.

Fuckin hell :lol:

Richy Fingers likes this.
  12. Seaham Towny

Seaham Towny Winger

He's very funny and still is.

'Michael Jackson's Children's Hospital' man :lol:

13. Kent_Mackem

Kent_Mackem Striker

TV is a huge material eater. The comedians on the circuit have an act and polish it throughout the season. Then they write fresh material and tour again. TV knacks that all up and be armchair critics start chattering.

Aituk7 and GTG like this.
  14. Aituk7

Aituk7 Winger

I remember Jimmy Carr saying stand up shows get more rude cos of this aswell. Cos at the end of a tv run you have a load of jokes left over that weren't allowed on air or were cut for being too offensive so they end up in your stand up

Kent_Mackem likes this.
  15. conrad

conrad Midfield

:lol:

16. martinlumley

martinlumley Striker

I wonder what happened to him then, cos we saw him last year and he was absolute shite, had enough and fucked off in the interval.

17. Aituk7

Aituk7 Winger

I've never seen him live before.

I saw jimmy carr once cos I liked him on panel shows but my god his stand up was boring.

18. sonson

sonson Striker

Are your reviews as reliable as your ability to count

19. Slow joe

Slow joe Midfield

:lol::lol:

20. martinlumley

martinlumley Striker

aye i meant jimmy carr mate, torture!

Aituk7 likes this.