Frankel

I remember watching the racing one day they were doing a piece on Frankel they were saying, can't wait till he's dead so we can open him up and have a look at him, we're sure he's got 2 hearts

She was outstanding, I’ve never seen a horse come from so far back, she made a living of it.

Just toyed with her opposition. Number 3 on here is ridiculous. Makes up 12 lengths at just over a quarter of a mile

The last 10 seconds commentary of the last race is class. He can’t hold back his emotion in her pipping it.

excellent video that marra.

The last 10 seconds commentary of the last race is class. He can’t hold back his emotion in her pipping it.

excellent video that marra.

She nearly had a perfect record. 19 out of 20 but lost her last race by a nose.

She ran on so I put that down to jockey error. I’m not sure if the held back style was needed or they took it to the extremes for drama.

Dancing Brave was right up there...his Arc win I’ve watched again and again

Eddery should have been on him for the Derby, Starkey should have been hung out to dry leaving him so much to do against Shahrastani. He made up nearly thirty lengths once he gave him his head but totally misjudged when to pull the trigger

Eddery should have been on him for the Derby, Starkey should have been hung out to dry leaving him so much to do against Shahrastani. He made up nearly thirty lengths once he gave him his head but totally misjudged when to pull the trigger

I agree...to be fair other good judges reckon that DB wasn’t settled from early on and needed scrubbing along, and not handling the undulations was why he was kept at the back.

i still reckon Eddery should have been on. Backed DB ante post for the Derby and was fuming for weeks at Starkey
I agree...to be fair other good judges reckon that DB wasn’t settled from early on and needed scrubbing along, and not handling the undulations was why he was kept at the back.

i still reckon Eddery should have been on. Backed DB ante post for the Derby and was fuming for weeks at Starkey

The Brave had a breathtaking turn of foot

Last edited:

Anyone remember that race? Very impressive performance

We'll never properly know how good Carvill's Hill was. That was a terrific performance but, in the Gold Cup, when he was hassled by another horse, he lost it and finished 5th behind Cool Ground, who was nowhere in that Welsh National.

National Hunt is somewhat different to flat racing anyway...

Back