Four In a Bed.

Caught up on this weeks but the Arran one was missing from All4. Shame as I've been to Arran and absolutely loved it. Would recommend it and Inveraray Castle from Wednesday. I had a very nice bowl of broth there 😎

Thought the actual hotel in Blackpool was lovely. It was so different from the usual naff hotels you see there and you could tell they'd put the effort in to make it stand out. Didn't like the owners though and they way they seemed superior and looked down on everyone else.

Got fed up with seeing the jobby and hearing the in depth discussion about it was minging 🤢

Also googled to try and find out why the ladies left. Couldn't find anything other than a post alluding to them falling out with the production crew. Noticed the Blackpool hotel wrote on Facebook that they knew the drop out ladies overpaid by £15.

Caught up on this weeks but the Arran one was missing from All4. Shame as I've been to Arran and absolutely loved it. Would recommend it and Inveraray Castle from Wednesday. I had a very nice bowl of broth there 😎

Thought the actual hotel in Blackpool was lovely. It was so different from the usual naff hotels you see there and you could tell they'd put the effort in to make it stand out. Didn't like the owners though and they way they seemed superior and looked down on everyone else.

Got fed up with seeing the jobby and hearing the in depth discussion about it was minging 🤢

Also googled to try and find out why the ladies left. Couldn't find anything other than a post alluding to them falling out with the production crew. Noticed the Blackpool hotel wrote on Facebook that they knew the drop out ladies overpaid by £15.
Me mrs cousin is a guide at inverary castle was hoping was going to her showing them around. Well worth a visit. George hotel in inverary worth a stop, lovely food.

We just managed to finish last week's shows (Aaran having, at last, turned up on All4).
I thought the overall standard was mediocre. Nothing was bad, but I wasn't inspired by anything. Even the Aaran hotel suffered from neutral decor (and I wonder if the island was shown to its best advantage?).
The Aaran hotel was overpriced, for me, and the other places offered better value. But the Blackpool lads had the worst possible luck with the poo blowback :D

blitzed last weeks on friday, fairly mundane, think right one won. think mother and daughter shouldn't be entering competitions of this nature if unable to accept criticism.

blitzed last weeks on friday, fairly mundane, think right one won. think mother and daughter shouldn't be entering competitions of this nature if unable to accept criticism.

It all seemed nicey nicey until the mother and daughter read their feedback. I didn't think it was that bad to be honest - just niggly things and nothing particularly nasty. They both had faces like they were chewing wasps for the rest of the competition which spoiled it.

The gay couple were class. They just seemed really happy people and their silver service breakfast was something different. Thought the two lasses in the Clacton hotel came across really well. They had good business sense.

It all seemed nicey nicey until the mother and daughter read their feedback. I didn't think it was that bad to be honest - just niggly things and nothing particularly nasty. They both had faces like they were chewing wasps for the rest of the competition which spoiled it.

The gay couple were class. They just seemed really happy people and their silver service breakfast was something different. Thought the two lasses in the Clacton hotel came across really well. They had good business sense.
and think said no to every single one re staying there again ( seem to remember ) .
Has anyone actually travelled to stay at a hotel featured?
no, do check them out on trip advisor and make notes for future just in case.

In total agreement on this. The whole thing was going nicely until the mother and daughter act got the hump. They were particularly down on the Clacton hotel, for some reason.
The standard was pretty high all round last week. I liked the Loughborough place best, although I shared the reservations over the doorless bathroom. (It just wouldn't do). The Clacton place was also pretty chi-chi, if a bit anomalous. Can you really charge £180 a night for a hotel situated opposite the pier?

In total agreement on this. The whole thing was going nicely until the mother and daughter act got the hump. They were particularly down on the Clacton hotel, for some reason.
The standard was pretty high all round last week. I liked the Loughborough place best, although I shared the reservations over the doorless bathroom. (It just wouldn't do). The Clacton place was also pretty chi-chi, if a bit anomalous. Can you really charge £180 a night for a hotel situated opposite the pier?
think clacton one gets mixed reviews on trip adivsor, noise is mentioned more than once too.

We stayed there a couple of Saturdays ago and it was class. They now have a small pool installed which wasn't ready at the time their episode was filmed about 9 months ago. The pool was so warm it was like a giant hot tub - lush. There's now a sauna on site too. Our room had a rolltop bath and was the only bedroom not to appear on the show.

Steve and Maria are a lovely couple and we'll definitely stay there again.

It's closer to Kielder than Bellingham by the way.

We stayed Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The pool room is unreal, nicely heated and quality views over the countryside to look at bathed in late afternoon sun. The dark sky up at Kielder later on was spectacular too.

We stayed Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The pool room is unreal, nicely heated and quality views over the countryside to look at bathed in late afternoon sun. The dark sky up at Kielder later on was spectacular too.
Glad you enjoyed. We'll definitely go back there.

Todays looks pretty grim. Would give a Britannia a run for its money. In fact, if Britannia went in for brothels it would have been ideal…
Just one note on Britannia hotels. They are notorious, particularly the big hotel in Scarborough, but there are exceptions. The Grand in Sunderland is still fine.

Back