Four In a Bed.

Also that very few seem to understand the concept of the show is its about best value.

You get some £30 a night B&B in Blackpool that's a bit grotty, theyre pulling it to bit & underpaying. What do you expect for £30.

There was one on the other week (2 of them were in the NE) where this sour faced Scottish bint was twisting cos she didn't get slippers, dressing gowns & shower caps as she supplied them at her place. The fact that she charged £130 & other charged half that was completely lost on her.
This always gets me. They pay a budget price then whinge that they aren`t getting luxurious facilities and deduct money. Too many of them just play a game to win. Deducting a tenner because there`s some scuffed behind the loo is ridiculous.

This always gets me. They pay a budget price then whinge that they aren`t getting luxurious facilities and deduct money. Too many of them just play a game to win. Deducting a tenner because there`s some scuffed behind the loo is ridiculous.
sometimes think its the fault of programme, sometimes 2 places are different ends of spectrum, eg when get glamping on , its immediately going to cause problems ( and underpayment ) with someone who likes their home comforts.

One thing I always think about this is that if I was going on this programe I`d have the rooms deep cleaned and then deep cleaned again. I`d then go over everything with a white pair of gloves and check the usual spots everyone always checks, tops of cupboards, under the bed, hairs on mattress, stained duvet, pee stains around the loo, skids in the loo, wobbly bog seat, dirty plug hole. I`d have everything triple checked just to make sure. It`d probably be advisable to buy new mattress, duvet, pillows etc to be on the safe side. A golden no would also be self catered breakfast. Everyone moans about those.

One thing I always think about this is that if I was going on this programe I`d have the rooms deep cleaned and then deep cleaned again. I`d then go over everything with a white pair of gloves and check the usual spots everyone always checks, tops of cupboards, under the bed, hairs on mattress, stained duvet, pee stains around the loo, skids in the loo, wobbly bog seat, dirty plug hole. I`d have everything triple checked just to make sure. It`d probably be advisable to buy new mattress, duvet, pillows etc to be on the safe side. A golden no would also be self catered breakfast. Everyone moans about those.
Me and mrs have got an air bnb and watch this with interest, some of the stuff that gets missed is beyond basic, beggars belief stats of some places you see on here.
To mess up on here is unforgivable, its a free advert ffs.

I think the same way. I would spend a night in each of the rooms to see what the beds and facilities were like for myself. Noise from outside or cold rooms etc. Then I would empty each room completely, bottom it completely, including the bathroom. Wash each piece of furniture going back in, both outside and inside. Check every piece of bedding before it goes on the bed and Hoover the whole thing. Clean the windows and mirrors. Make sure kettles and crockery were immaculate, and any food such as biscuits is well in date.

Sort out new batteries for the tv remote and check it’s working. Make sure all the bulbs light up. Wash the shower curtains and bath mats and towels so they are spotless.

Once everything is back in the rooms get a cleaning service in to go through each room to make sure that nothing has been missed.

For breakfast, put everything needed for those who want a cold breakfast on a table as a help yourself buffet. While they eat that take orders for hot breakfasts but keep it a fairly limited menu.

If they still moshed I would hoy them and their cases out of the window.

I think the same way. I would spend a night in each of the rooms to see what the beds and facilities were like for myself. Noise from outside or cold rooms etc. Then I would empty each room completely, bottom it completely, including the bathroom. Wash each piece of furniture going back in, both outside and inside. Check every piece of bedding before it goes on the bed and Hoover the whole thing. Clean the windows and mirrors. Make sure kettles and crockery were immaculate, and any food such as biscuits is well in date.

Sort out new batteries for the tv remote and check it’s working. Make sure all the bulbs light up. Wash the shower curtains and bath mats and towels so they are spotless.

Once everything is back in the rooms get a cleaning service in to go through each room to make sure that nothing has been missed.

For breakfast, put everything needed for those who want a cold breakfast on a table as a help yourself buffet. While they eat that take orders for hot breakfasts but keep it a fairly limited menu.

If they still moshed I would hoy them and their cases out of the window.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Most of the Blackpool ones seem to be owned by male couples too. Think I've only seen one with a male couple in another location. I can't remember where it was but they were youngish lads who'd spent a fortune wiring in techy stuff. The guests were all people who didn't know how to work it and seemed bemused by the amount of wiring and lack of attention on other things.
Only just watching yesterdays.... they all look a bit alike too dont they!

Most of the Blackpool ones seem to be owned by male couples too. Think I've only seen one with a male couple in another location. I can't remember where it was but they were youngish lads who'd spent a fortune wiring in techy stuff. The guests were all people who didn't know how to work it and seemed bemused by the amount of wiring and lack of attention on other things.
It's nice, in a way, to see a stereotype confounded. Clearly, not all gay people have an eye for house design.

Overall, I would say the keynotes of Blackpool B&B design are stone-cladding, horizonal signs (often yellow), frontages which look a bit like shopfronts and a strange affection for gothic script on any signage.

Arguably the most repeated episode in Four In A Bed history is on once again on More 4 beginning at 4.20pm today starring the 'Right Said Freds'.

An absolute classic.:lol:

Back