Forza 5

Had a good blast on it earlier...the handling characteristics have changed a fair bit, the map is huge...
as @silas80 said, I'll miss the snar....I think there's some up on the mountain I may have seen though.

taking a while to get used to the new layout as FH4 was like a pair of slippers...loads of little changes but the signs look good.

Went up that mountain earlier to do a jump nearby, it's a very thin layer of snow, like that crappy dusty stuff.

See what you mean about the handling, tried some other cars on some dust roads and yeah they're a little more tougher to control than FH4, which is a good thing imo.

Last edited:
Played a couple of hours tonight. In short its exactly like 3 and 4 in a different setting, however thats a good thing as they were utterly brilliant too. The PR stunts are so addictive!

As expected it is pretty much Forza 4 but in Mexico (not sure what else I expected tbh). At least my character can talk now and not a weird mute.

Think I'm in the minority but I'm going to miss the snow from FH4.

Thought the customisation was a bit weird. Can't choose my eye colour but have a fine selection of prosthetic limbs and face masks.
Having spent a few days on this I think I preferred FH4’s setting. As you say it’s virtually the same but this is missing a spectacle location to visit like the last one had in Edinburgh.

I’m still enjoying it like and I’ll spend months playing it but this setting doesn’t feel quite as special as the last one.

Having spent a few days on this I think I preferred FH4’s setting. As you say it’s virtually the same but this is missing a spectacle location to visit like the last one had in Edinburgh.

I’m still enjoying it like and I’ll spend months playing it but this setting doesn’t feel quite as special as the last one.

Except for the location it's just too much the same imo. they needed to change it up a bit. I mean it's great but it's like, "I've done this many times before".

It feels more like a DLC for Forza 4 than a new game. For those getting into Forza just now like I imagine it'd be amazing. But, yeah, overall, despite it being huge and epic, I preferred the UK, but that's probably because of the cool factor of going, "Oooh, I've been here in real life." They nailed it.

Last edited:
Hadn't played any Forza games since I had an Xbox 360. Got a Series X earlier this year and Horizon 4 was the game I was looking forward to playing most. Early impressions of this one are that it is more of the same, but I'm still enjoying it.

I’ve got a race wheel and playseat bucket chair but it only works for the PS4 or pc. Unfortunately I switched to Xbox series x so can’t use it with this game. I need to sort it out! :(

A lot of my wheelspins have been utter shite so far - cheap cars, clothes or horns. It completely bucked the trend earlier and I bagged the Lambo Sesto Forza Edition! They're going for 7m CR on the auction house, keeping it for now though it savages speed traps and speed zones.

There’s a fairly good value welcome pack for £3.99 and you get a few good cards but the best part is that you get a token to buy any car in the game. It means you can get the car you want so you’re not relying on RnG for it.

I'm a right little cheater like. Changed loads of assists so that it auto breaks and auto steers, set myself up on one of those long AFK races from the blueprints, propped my controller up so that the accelerator was pressed down, went out for my Sunday dinner, came back to the race being finished, advanced 30 levels, 100+ skill points, about 40 wheelspins, and about 5 million in the bank :lol: :lol:

A lot of my wheelspins have been utter shite so far - cheap cars, clothes or horns. It completely bucked the trend earlier and I bagged the Lambo Sesto Forza Edition! They're going for 7m CR on the auction house, keeping it for now though it savages speed traps and speed zones.
Best car in the game at the minute, check the tunes and there will be one that gives it max speed, braking, acceleration and handling. Its nuts.

Forza newbie here. Is there any sort of rough order as to what you do to progress? Every time I do anything about other 10 things pop up on the map!

Back