Forza 5

silas80

Winger
Just a heads up for people that didn't know that it's available on the game pass for PC (and XBOX I presume) and the recent £1 offer seems to work for existing accounts too.

I'm still downloading it (forgot to unpause the preinstall a few days ago:neutral:) Anyone else playing it? Anything much different to Forza 4? To me it just looked identical to Forza 4 but in Mexico but people seem to be raving about it.

Had Horizon 3 and 4 and they were both class, no doubting this will be quality too. Can't actually play this as i don't have a series S or X.

Had Horizon 3 and 4 and they were both class, no doubting this will be quality too. Can't actually play this as i don't have a series S or X.
It's on Xbox One as well mate

Played a little bit yesterday. Looks fantastic, I've put days of game time into all of the other Forza Horizon games so more of the same is good for me.

Last edited:
Mind it's only available to play today if you've bought the premium add on bundle which gives you the 2 expansions when they release, and a few extras. Otherwise it's Tuesday

Just realised that shortly after posting. Ah well, my wi-fi will probably take until then to download the 100gb anyway.

Mind it's only available to play today if you've bought the premium add on bundle which gives you the 2 expansions when they release, and a few extras. Otherwise it's Tuesday
Ah right! You can get it today if you shell out for the add-on? How much is that mate? Might have a look at doing this later.

I think it's £36 if you have Gamepass, £40 without. There was an offer through the Icelandic Xbox store before for about £23.
I’m a playstation bloke. Always have been.
I’ve downloaded this on the bairn’s Xbox which I’ve never used. He’s got the ultimate game pass thing. How the fuck does this user interface work? 😂
Says I’ve downloaded the premium add on bundle. I’ve been charged £35.99. Says I own it under a manage option. I’ve downloaded the two expansions which I guess aren’t out for a while. Where’s the option to download the bastard base game? 😂 Any help much appreciated.

Edit: Found the Pre - install option after much pissing on. What a balls on! How do you Xbox lads live with this man. 😂

Last edited:
I’m a playstation bloke. Always have been.
I’ve downloaded this on the bairn’s Xbox which I’ve never used. He’s got the ultimate game pass thing. How the fuck does this user interface work? 😂
Says I’ve downloaded the premium add on bundle. I’ve been charged £35.99. Says I own it under a manage option. I’ve downloaded the two expansions which I guess aren’t out for a while. Where’s the option to download the bastard base game? 😂 Any help much appreciated.

Edit: Found the Pre - install option after much pissing on. What a balls on! How do you Xbox lads live with this man. 😂
Piece of piss man :lol: Any game pass games, when you're on the Game Pass app just click on it and there'll be an option to install, or pre-install for some games.

Glad you're sorted though

Must admit to this game pass thing being exceptionally good value. You’d think PS would offer something similar - they’d clean up. Obviously there’s ps+ and the classics you can download on your PS5 but it’s not a patch on this service.

Must admit to this game pass thing being exceptionally good value. You’d think PS would offer something similar - they’d clean up. Obviously there’s ps+ and the classics you can download on your PS5 but it’s not a patch on this service.
Playstation and Xbox have gone in different directions due to the last gen. Playstation won the war in terms of console sales because of exclusive games so Xbox had to offer something else to entice people. This thing was gamepass which offers a library of games which are mostly multi platform for a subscription fee. Xbox are now trying to combat Playstation by buying a load of development teams this gen. At present it seems Playstation doesn't feel the need to offer the same subscription service when they can get people to pay 70 quid for an exclusive game.

Playstation also don't have the resources to pump money into the subscription model like Microsoft have as they are a much smaller company. Basically Microsoft are just throwing money at it and losing in money in hope they pass a subscriber number at some point to profit. Playstation don't have the capital.

As expected it is pretty much Forza 4 but in Mexico (not sure what else I expected tbh). At least my character can talk now and not a weird mute.

Think I'm in the minority but I'm going to miss the snow from FH4.

Thought the customisation was a bit weird. Can't choose my eye colour but have a fine selection of prosthetic limbs and face masks.

Last edited:
Had a good blast on it earlier...the handling characteristics have changed a fair bit, the map is huge...
as @silas80 said, I'll miss the snar....I think there's some up on the mountain I may have seen though.

taking a while to get used to the new layout as FH4 was like a pair of slippers...loads of little changes but the signs look good.

Had a good blast on it earlier...the handling characteristics have changed a fair bit, the map is huge...
as @silas80 said, I'll miss the snar....I think there's some up on the mountain I may have seen though.

taking a while to get used to the new layout as FH4 was like a pair of slippers...loads of little changes but the signs look good.

Handling seemed the same to me although I've only driven the few cars that I've got.

Wish they'd got rid of the getting clothes in a wheelspin. I'd rather have nowt. Or better yet having to earn stuff through races etc and abandon the wheelspins altogether.

Last edited:
Handling seemed the same to me although I've only driven the few cars that I've got.

Wish they'd got rid of the getting clothes in a wheelspin. I'd rather have nowt. Or better yet having to earn stuff through races etc and abandon the wheelspins altogether.
christ yes....what a waste..

I thought the handling was a little more realistic....in FH4 I'd could drop the accelerator and control the back end, in 5 I've noticed the tyres light up and the back end steps out a little more, I'm guessing it's because they've thought of dust on the roads? dunno....spent most of the mroning ragging around in the Senna, upgraded the tyres and let fly...I like how you can choose your brake calliper colour too, adds a little more to the look.

Back