RR Forward Eyeing Summer Talks Over Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RTG

Is Nacho considering making a crisp getaway this summer? Sunderland forward Ignacio Scocco claims he plans to have talks with the club in the summer over his future. The 28-year-old was a January addition to Gus Poyet's squad but a lack of fitness upon arrival, coupled with finding adjustment to the pace of the English game tough, has seen the...

More at Roker Report...

Vergini has very slowly started adapting to the league and looks half decent now.

Same could happen with this lad however the form of Wickham and the fact we're still in the shit and can't afford anyone the time to adapt to the league at present means he stays out the team.

Will get a lot more time on the pitch with Borini gone next season.

I think Gus has him lined up to fit into a Borini shaped hole which is going to appear in our team.
God help us, I don't think that Poyet realises, even yet, that it takes a bit more than a five yard pass to make it in the premier league (assuming we make it). We need height and pace as well as skill and class, things that are missing in most championship players. Take note Mr Congerton. It's been a hard lesson for us supporters as well.

I think the article sums it up pretty well. Hopefully he can kick on next season and start becoming an effective member of our side, but if we sell him then it really indicates to me the complete disarray and organisation of our club.

I would like to keep him and see what he's like after a full pre-season. I would only keep Scocco and Wickham from our attacking options aswell, Get rid of Jozy, Fletcher and Graham.

His next season can only go 2 ways if he's still with us... He'll either be the next Altidore or the next Borini. Hopefully the latter.

Vergini has very slowly started adapting to the league and looks half decent now.

Same could happen with this lad however the form of Wickham and the fact we're still in the shit and can't afford anyone the time to adapt to the league at present means he stays out the team.

Will get a lot more time on the pitch with Borini gone next season.

How do you work that one out.......he's not a wide player at all and Wickham will start centrally in a 433.

This always happens when you sign someone from abroad and don't actually play them.

People talk about time to adjust and settling in, etc, but that doesn't happen unless they are actually playing.

When they are kicking their heels on the bench they just become homesick and disillusioned. They lose their confidence and the club loses confidence in them, before they've even had a run of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back