Forums slow to load on 4G/data connection

Tried to reply to the older thread for continuity but it's locked.

The forums are quite slow to load on a non-wifi connection (Samsung S9, standard current Android). Other sites loading fine. Tried deleting cookies, no change.

I saw a post from Roger somewhere saying the forum software is being updated, maybe that will sort it?

No issues here. Is this a temporary problem or something you suffer from all the time.

Anyone else having problems?

According to Google RTG takes 1.2 seconds to load with 4g from UK networks, bbc.co.uk takes 1.5 seconds and safc.com takes 2 seconds.

The site is rated "average" and loads faster than 79% of websites.

Something odd going on with you though as in reality a decent 4g connection should be just as fast as wifi, and if the site loads ok for you on wifi it obviously isn't a server problem or a problem with the phone rendering the web page.

According to Google RTG takes 1.2 seconds to load with 4g from UK networks, bbc.co.uk takes 1.5 seconds and safc.com takes 2 seconds.

The site is rated "average" and loads faster than 79% of websites.

Something odd going on with you though as in reality a decent 4g connection should be just as fast as wifi, and if the site loads ok for you on wifi it obviously isn't a server problem or a problem with the phone rendering the web page.

Ok cheers

Is there anything I should try and look for if the problem's at my end? Like a setting or section in the phone to check for, something in my browser settings?

Ok cheers

Is there anything I should try and look for if the problem's at my end? Like a setting or section in the phone to check for, something in my browser settings?

I'm not sure. I know that if you use something like Chrome and you have the "data saver" option set, the page is first sent to Google's servers, then compressed, then forwarded to you, Opera is similar, but I thought in both instances this would apply equally on wifi and mobile data and obviously would also affect other sites too.

As an aside "data saver" won't save much on RTG anyway as all data is already sent out compressed if your browser supports it.

Back