Forum App

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypersonic

Winger
Is there an android app that supports this forum (xenforo) that can do push notifications etc; it'd be nice to get alerts straight to my phone without having to load the forum up in the browser.

I know it's been asked before and the answer was a resounding no - but things move on.

Can't remember the name of the android app that it used be on...was great! Was much better than going in via the browser.

Forum runner is compatible with xenforo but I'm guessing Roger would have to make changes for it to work.

Does it really take people that long to load this forum? Takes less than a second doesn't it?

The point isn't that the forum is slow or hard to use on mobile - it's that if someone tags me in a message i won't know until the next time i log in. With a nice little push notification app i'd know straight away. I'd probably still use the normal mobile site to log in and post back etc; it's purely notifications i'm after.

Contributors can use pushbullet for this (set up at https://www.readytogo.net/smb/account/external-accounts)

It's not actually listed as a contributor "benefit" as I can't guarantee it going forward, but it is currently active and enabled.

Mr Admin - You just earned yersel a contributor :D

Do i need to have facebook link enabled to make it work or is this something completely separate?

Hmmmm - it's not working; have posted a screenshot of error on the Help Desk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back