Fortunate Unluckiness

L

Lexingtongue

Yesterday my car broke down about 50 yards away from a garage which was both unlucky and fortunate at the same time. Anyone else experienced anything similar? Like having a heart attack in a restaurant you were sharing with a cardiac expert or whatever?

Yesterday my car broke down about 50 yards away from a garage which was both unlucky and fortunate at the same time. Anyone else experienced anything similar? Like having a heart attack in a restaurant you were sharing with a cardiac expert or whatever?

Only unfortunate and lucky for you if it was an easy and cheap fix?

Only unfortunate and lucky for you if it was an easy and cheap fix?
Yeah, easy and cheap enough, I suppose. Still, it wasn't going anywhere so it was fortunate it went there and not on the bridge five minutes earlier.

Few years ago I was running low on petrol but chanced my luck a bit to get home. The needle was resting on the bottom of the fuel gauge.

Next morning instead of going to the nearest filling station I decided to call at the one on the way into work.

The car ran out of fuel 100 yards before the garage and I coasted in and up to the pump.

Few years ago I was running low on petrol but chanced my luck a bit to get home. The needle was resting on the bottom of the fuel gauge.

Next morning instead of going to the nearest filling station I decided to call at the one on the way into work.

The car ran out of fuel 100 yards before the garage and I coasted in and up to the pump.
:lol:

Ran out of petrol about 200yds from the petrol station, which was at the bottom of a fairly steep hill so was able to roll all the way to the pump.

edit - SEB. :lol:

Yeah I once got home to discover that my house was being burgled and they were still inside. Luckily for me (or them?) they'd put the chain on the front door - so I couldn't get in. :evil:

I did similar when trading a car in at Evans Halshaw except it was the clutch or gearbox. White smoke pissing out so I went for a walk before picking the new car up.

Supposed to be at a show this evening but the bairn was sent home from school sick, so we couldn't go. Watching Arsenal v Liverpool now which is a cracking match and I'm enjoying it.

I once was showing a group of lasses on the riviera my Martial arts moves, when all of a sudden I turned swiftly to my left and during my power down, karate chopped a seagull in half. Unlucky for the pigeon, fortunate for me, I was knees deep in fanny because the lasses were so impressed. True story.

Pigeon

Logon or register to see this image

Seagull

Logon or register to see this image

Knar your birds.

Years ago breaking down 50 yards from a petrol station on the way to the match with my Sunderland top on. A minibus pulls up and a bunch of lads in Newcastle shirts jump out and push me to the garage to get petrol.

I once was showing a group of lasses on the riviera my Martial arts moves, when all of a sudden I turned swiftly to my left and during my power down, karate chopped a seagull in half. Unlucky for the pigeon, fortunate for me, I was knees deep in fanny because the lasses were so impressed. True story.
Why was it unlucky for the pigeon that the seagull was chopped in two?

Back