Fortnite

hairynaker

Winger
Might sound daft but how does this game work, do you have to download it (switch) and then to be able to play it, you have to buy packs?

I was looking at buying it but cannot find it in the shops, just packs?

It's a free download. You don't have to spend anything at all. You can by different skins to make your character look different but it doesn't improve how good you are so no benefit from doing so.

Might sound daft but how does this game work, do you have to download it (switch) and then to be able to play it, you have to buy packs?

I was looking at buying it but cannot find it in the shops, just packs?

Free download and free to play but every season, which lasts about 3 months or so, has a season pass which is optional for 8 quid. For that price you get to unlock achievements which gives you new skins etc.

I play it quite a bit with the bairn and think it’s canny value for money, certainly recently they’ve been changing the maps and weapons, adding new game types and stuff, easy to pick up and put down. Can’t build for shite like.

Free download and free to play but every season, which lasts about 3 months or so, has a season pass which is optional for 8 quid. For that price you get to unlock achievements which gives you new skins etc.

I play it quite a bit with the bairn and think it’s canny value for money, certainly recently they’ve been changing the maps and weapons, adding new game types and stuff, easy to pick up and put down. Can’t build for shite like.
The thing to add to this is you don’t need to pay the £8 every season. I bought it once each for the kids and they earn enough during the season to buy the next 1.

Pays to make an account on epic games as well then you can whack that 2FA on to prevent people robbing the account and anything you have worked up to. Also the epic games account lets you take whatever you have earned over to a different console

Back