Fortnite

Downloaded it. Joined a match and shot someone in the head 5 times. They didn’t die. Then they killed me and that was game over until everyone else played out the round. What’s the appeal? Boring as out.
There’s no need to stick around once you’re dead. Just drop back to the lobby and go again.

What’s the point
It’s addictive once you get used to it. I don’t get many kills and I’m pretty poor at building but it’s worth it for the games where everything just comes together. It’s a case of jump, loot, run for a bit, shoot at people, die........then start the process again.

Not sure. Ask the bloke making $500k a month playing it.

That's an extremely excessive figure.
£2 for every 2000 viewers - Excluding the ones who run an adblock addon.

Ninja this month averages 96,947 viewers in July 2018 alone so if you're excluding the people who run adblocks, a standard match on Fortnite can last up til about 20 minutes before you'd pull another ad break so it's about £75 per ad break, or £225 hourly, to make £500,000 a month he'd have to stream for 2222.22 hours a month.

But let's not take away the fact he's making £200 a hour..

That's an extremely excessive figure.
£2 for every 2000 viewers - Excluding the ones who run an adblock addon.

Ninja this month averages 96,947 viewers in July 2018 alone so if you're excluding the people who run adblocks, a standard match on Fortnite can last up til about 20 minutes before you'd pull another ad break so it's about £75 per ad break, or £225 hourly, to make £500,000 a month he'd have to stream for 2222.22 hours a month.

But let's not take away the fact he's making £200 a hour..
He’s sponsored by everyone going and has admitted that is how much his earnings peaked.

He’s sponsored by everyone going and has admitted that is how much his earnings peaked.

I've admitted I've got a 20 inch penis, doesn't mean its true.

Only thing I didn't factor in are his Youtube earnings, because you can't actually estimate because of aforementioned adblockers and Youtube are notoriously bad for paying out.

He actually doesn't have any sponsors, sponsors don't pay, they give out free merch, and why the fuck do you want free merch when you're on £200+ an hour :D

Last edited:
I've admitted I've got a 20 inch penis, doesn't mean its true.

Only thing I didn't factor in are his Youtube earnings, because you can't actually estimate because of aforementioned adblockers and Youtube are notoriously bad for paying out.

He actually doesn't have any sponsors, sponsors don't pay, they give out free merch, and why the fuck do you want free merch when you're on £200+ an hour :D

Adverts aren't where Ninja will make money, at times he has had 200k twitch subscribers. A subscription costs $5 per month, he will probably get $3-$4 from that amount.

I believe he is sponsored by Red Bull and looking on his twitch page he is sponsored by ubereats and a few others. Probably has other sponsors as well for his youtube vids. Also part of an esports organisation/gaming team who probably pay him a salary of some sort.

When you count subscribers, sponsorships, youtube views etc Ninja will earn over $1m per month.

Adverts aren't where Ninja will make money, at times he has had 200k twitch subscribers. A subscription costs $5 per month, he will probably get $3-$4 from that amount.

I believe he is sponsored by Red Bull and looking on his twitch page he is sponsored by ubereats and a few others. Probably has other sponsors as well for his youtube vids. Also part of an esports organisation/gaming team who probably pay him a salary of some sort.

When you count subscribers, sponsorships, youtube views etc Ninja will earn over $1m per month.
Not to mention the fact that despite him being a complete and utter arse, he’s the best Fortnite player in the world. Meaning he probably also earns a fortune from comp winnings. One of his 24 streams managed to make $250k alone iirc which was just one day.

That Ali-A bloke is now a millionaire from his Call of Duty videos and Ninja is probably twice as popular plying his trade on a much more popular game.

Not sure. Ask the bloke making $500k a month playing it.
Have you got his number mate?

Not to mention the fact that despite him being a complete and utter arse, he’s the best Fortnite player in the world. Meaning he probably also earns a fortune from comp winnings. One of his 24 streams managed to make $250k alone iirc which was just one day.

That Ali-A bloke is now a millionaire from his Call of Duty videos and Ninja is probably twice as popular plying his trade on a much more popular game.
I'm just off down to Game. I'll sharp put a stop to that.

Last edited by a moderator:

a million a month. I've heard it all now.
The bolded part is the only part you're correct in.

Numbers when it comes to the Online streaming industry;
Twitch Subscriptions are generally 70-30 in Twitch's favour (can be haggled) so 70% of $5 so $1.50. Other factors include first month is free, so it's not a simple $200k x 1.5, only he'll know the answer.
Adsense I've already gone through. I've done the math already, 96,000 x 3 / 2,5000 is his rough estimate hourly earnings as the amount of people who will have adblock on you can't get a definite answer.
Youtube is far too inconsistent to know, you don't know if there's any viewer botting or how many people are watching adblocks, it's not worth investing time to think about, it could get very little or it could actually be a few quid.

Sponsorship income will amount to zero. Sponsors paying gamers is non-existent, they'll send them free merch, they'll send them free travel to gaming events and E3's etc. But the fact his streaming and video overlays are sponsor free is clear evidence that he is not paid by any company.

The thing with Ubereats is an affiliation, affiliations and sponsorship not the same, it's basically a referral link that so that he gains x amount of someones order. I could get set up one right now and I'd get jack shit.

But you're right about he is part of a brand and he'll be part of a sponsored brand because how else are they gonna earn money to pay his salary.
It's the equivalent of joining a football club, you get paid by the football club who gets revenue from the sponsors to pay you, the sponsors don't pay you!

a million a month. I've heard it all now.
The bolded part is the only part you're correct in.

Numbers when it comes to the Online streaming industry;
Twitch Subscriptions are generally 70-30 in Twitch's favour (can be haggled) so 70% of $5 so $1.50. Other factors include first month is free, so it's not a simple $200k x 1.5, only he'll know the answer.
Adsense I've already gone through. I've done the math already, 96,000 x 3 / 2,5000 is his rough estimate hourly earnings as the amount of people who will have adblock on you can't get a definite answer.
Youtube is far too inconsistent to know, you don't know if there's any viewer botting or how many people are watching adblocks, it's not worth investing time to think about, it could get very little or it could actually be a few quid.

Sponsorship income will amount to zero. Sponsors paying gamers is non-existent, they'll send them free merch, they'll send them free travel to gaming events and E3's etc. But the fact his streaming and video overlays are sponsor free is clear evidence that he is not paid by any company.

The thing with Ubereats is an affiliation, affiliations and sponsorship not the same, it's basically a referral link that so that he gains x amount of someones order. I could get set up one right now and I'd get jack shit.

But you're right about he is part of a brand and he'll be part of a sponsored brand because how else are they gonna earn money to pay his salary.
It's the equivalent of joining a football club, you get paid by the football club who gets revenue from the sponsors to pay you, the sponsors don't pay you!

This is all very naive.

A quick google finds that Ninja has himself confirmed back in March he receives $3.50 per sub, assuming that hasn't improved, which it may have as the biggest streamer on twitch, that's $700k per month for the couple of months he's had 200k subs.

Link if you don't believe me: https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...and-the-game-that-got-him-there/#56c9c6a045f7

That doesn't even include donations which given his viewer numbers is safe to assume will be several thousand per stream. No idea on how much youtube pays out but with over 15mil subscribers and daily videos getting a few million views each he'll be earning a fair bit from that as well.

"Sponsors paying gamers is no-existent" is just plain wrong. I've seen other twitch streamers talking about how much they get offered to play a sponsored game, endorse products etc and it's stupid money, like $10k to play a game for a few days stupid money. I don't actually watch Ninja so I don't know all about his sponsors, but as I said before I believe he has recently been sponsored by Red Bull Esports. Shady companies like G2A have been known to pay streamers $10-20k a month to have the "buy your games with This Code for a x% discount from G2A" on their twitch page.

Add in tournaments he might earn money from (fortnite is having weekly $500k tournaments for 8 weeks through the summer) and making $1m a month isn't unlikely. Not saying it will last all year or into next year, but at the moment it's probably a pessimistic rather than optimistic estimate.

This is all very naive.

A quick google finds that Ninja has himself confirmed back in March he receives $3.50 per sub, assuming that hasn't improved, which it may have as the biggest streamer on twitch, that's $700k per month for the couple of months he's had 200k subs.

Link if you don't believe me: https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...and-the-game-that-got-him-there/#56c9c6a045f7

That doesn't even include donations which given his viewer numbers is safe to assume will be several thousand per stream. No idea on how much youtube pays out but with over 15mil subscribers and daily videos getting a few million views each he'll be earning a fair bit from that as well.

"Sponsors paying gamers is no-existent" is just plain wrong. I've seen other twitch streamers talking about how much they get offered to play a sponsored game, endorse products etc and it's stupid money, like $10k to play a game for a few days stupid money. I don't actually watch Ninja so I don't know all about his sponsors, but as I said before I believe he has recently been sponsored by Red Bull Esports. Shady companies like G2A have been known to pay streamers $10-20k a month to have the "buy your games with This Code for a x% discount from G2A" on their twitch page.

Add in tournaments he might earn money from (fortnite is having weekly $500k tournaments for 8 weeks through the summer) and making $1m a month isn't unlikely. Not saying it will last all year or into next year, but at the moment it's probably a pessimistic rather than optimistic estimate.

Good post. It'll fall on deaf ears though.

What is the reason for subscribing to someone on twitch etc? Can you not just watch them regardless?

Yer but some twitch streamers only allow subscribers to use the chat function and you also get premium/special emoticons.

I guess the main reason is some viewers like to help streamers out by contributing towards their income from those subscriptions. Allowing them to buy games and tech along with food and pay bills. If they stream as their main source of income they'd sharp stop steaming when they can't afford to live. I personally don't subscribe to anyone but I'd be more likely to subscribe to a small to medium steamer than the likes of Ali-A or Ninja as they make an absolute killing already.

Back