Fortnite, PUBG, etc.

Hulkster

Striker
What is the crack with these games?

You here of people spending a fortune on them, but they don't seem to have any sort of progression system. Are people just spending a load of money to make their character look different and be able to do different dances? Really?

Also, if they are all about 100 players starting and only one surviving, presumably most people simply never win a game, so how come so many stick with them?

I'm not knocking them, I'm just struggling to see how games that offer no progression (as I understand it) and that you basically never win, can stay so popular?

What is the crack with these games?

You here of people spending a fortune on them, but they don't seem to have any sort of progression system. Are people just spending a load of money to make their character look different and be able to do different dances? Really?

Also, if they are all about 100 players starting and only one surviving, presumably most people simply never win a game, so how come so many stick with them?

I'm not knocking them, I'm just struggling to see how games that offer no progression (as I understand it) and that you basically never win, can stay so popular?

I guess because it's so rare to win that it feels like a proper achievement when you finally do?

Personally I thought Fortnite was boring as fuck after a few games and uninstalled it. The kids seem to like it though.

What non-RPG/Adventure games offer progression exactly?

It's simply a brand new genre which has appealed to the mass market because they're the first ones* Just like League of Legends and DOTA were the first to hit that brand new genre.

* Strictly not true, DayZ was in Alpha/Beta for a few years only came to full release this past month but hasn't really kicked off due to not being there first.

It’s all cosmetic items, I don’t play Fortnite because I really don’t like it but I imagine that is riddled with hundreds of cosmetics, primarily aimed at kids.

Also if you play with a squad of 4 you’re only against 24 other teams instead of 1v99 in a solo game. No other game comes close to PUBG for the thrill of winning a match imo.

PUBG is superb. Its difficult, which keeps players engaged because you will not win every time. There are so many variables in each game that means theres never two the same.

Tbf the battle Royale mode doesn’t bother me. I much prefer the PvE ‘save the world’ on Fortnite. It’s a bit of a grind but it’s class later in the game if you’re levelled properly and set your character up right.

Back