'Format the fucker'

• Thread starter Deadliest Catch
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deadliest Catch

How would one go about this with no windows disk?

Either buy a windows disc or download something like Ubuntu for free (I'm guessing you want to put an operating system back on)

I literally have no idea. What is ubuntu? I basically want all the crap off and have it like a new laptop.

Get Linux mint 13, search on distrowatch for a linux operating system, all free and easy to use.

Fill a glass of water, turn the computer on for an hour then pour the water over the warmest part

It could also depend how old your laptop is, A lot of laptops after vista came out have a restore partition. Press F8 (sometimes different) when booting and see if there is a restore or fix option. You might be able to put it back to factory default without needing to format.

Some XP also machines have the install partitioned on the C Drive. Does your laptop have a Windows product code on the bottom? If it does, then you likely have the files on your PC already. Try using the function keys (F8, F9, etc) when booting and see if they offer you the option.

It could also depend how old your laptop is, A lot of laptops after vista came out have a restore partition. Press F8 (sometimes different) when booting and see if there is a restore or fix option. You might be able to put it back to factory default without needing to format.

Cheers

Some XP also machines have the install partitioned on the C Drive. Does your laptop have a Windows product code on the bottom? If it does, then you likely have the files on your PC already. Try using the function keys (F8, F9, etc) when booting and see if they offer you the option.

Cheers, will give this a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back