Forgotten Chocolate Bars

big one, not sure if chocolate- remember the advert- ' if you like a big one, sticks out a mile '
I remember this. I used to mention it to people around my age (50's) and nobody could remember it.
I remember the advert for it.
Cadbury’s Big One: 1971
[launched in Tyne Tees and Yorkshire areas in Sep.1971, withdrawn in 1972/73]

(Cowboy looking out across the desert)

If you like your Big One to last a long time,
Big one, sticks out a mile.

I remember this. I used to mention it to people around my age (50's) and nobody could remember it.

thats the one

Are Caramac bars still out there?
Not a bar of chocolate but I loved those boxes of Paynes peanut poppets when I was a kid.

Last edited:
The wife (no) has just bought some Daim Bars Mint (ltd edition) and they remind me very much of Mint Cracknel - a past favourite of mine- hope you enjoy when you try
Loved that. Been years since I had it.
Old Jamaica
Just had some a couple of weeks ago. They remade it for a limited amount of time and managed to find some in WH Smith in Durham I think it was

Last edited:

Until a few years ago someone had drawn a huge knob with the legend 'big one sticks out a mile' on a wall close to where I live. Been there for years. Someone eventually sand blasted it out. Used to make me smile.

Back