Forgotten Chocolate Bars

Old Jamaica

Recently been relaunched as "Bourneville Old Jamica". Love that stuff mind.
I'm sure most of these bars mentioned are still in circulation, probably at Barrys Bargains in Consett. I got some "Cadburys Snack" bars from there once, and I've not seen them anywhere. He also had White Chocolate Lion Bars in not long ago.

Last edited:
Used to love them!

I tried a frys chocolate cream a few weeks ago(Barry's bargains), Jesus Christ it was lifting!
Heathen. I get the 3 packs and they normally don’t survive the journey home
Anyone remember Glee bars. Came on a cardboard base like Bounties used to. They had a thin chocolate surround, shaped like a rectangle. Sponge inside with strawberry jam centre. A cake bar basically.
I was gonna post this. It was a f***ing cake masquerading as a sweet.

Anyone remember the Nestles choc bar dispensing machines that were in train/bus stations 60/70s. Tiny little bars and had rice crispies in .

Now theres a blast from the past.Metal things painted red, you put your money in and pulled out whichever drawer was labelled with the chocolate you wanted. I remember trying every time to open two at once. It never worked
I thought they were Cadburys though to be honest

Used to always get one when waiting for a train. Usually "Mint Crisp" but there was one called "Tiffin" as well. Never seen either over here in years, but you can still get them in Ireland

Now theres a blast from the past.Metal things painted red, you put your money in and pulled out whichever drawer was labelled with the chocolate you wanted. I remember trying every time to open two at once. It never worked
I thought they were Cadburys though to be honest

Used to always get one when waiting for a train. Usually "Mint Crisp" but there was one called "Tiffin" as well. Never seen either over here in years, but you can still get them in Ireland

Aye 'Tiffin' been rackin my brains trying to think of the name. Nestles I thought, but might be wrong, me and my sister used to get a bar between us after coming home from Newcastle road baths late 60s towels tucked under our arms. Good days.

Back