For those who have a LTD company

You still only ‘save’ 19% though in reality.

My tax accountant recently told me any expenses claimed have to be paid from the company bank account and if purchasing a laptop has to be invoices to the company name ?

And I thought you could just ‘pay personally and claim’ via the ltd co ... ?

We used to have our “AGM” at a hotel in the Lake District every September

Thats fine and the company should pay for the directors to attend , but the directors should pay for their spouses / partners if they turn up and any additional nights stayed.

Minutes of all meetings should be taken (written up at a later date) to verify the AGM actually took place.

The revenue are wise to such things , quite unlike the op for asking such questions on a public forum .

Thats fine and the company should pay for the directors to attend , but the directors should pay for their spouses / partners if they turn up and any additional nights stayed.

Minutes of all meetings should be taken (written up at a later date) to verify the AGM actually took place.

The revenue are wise to such things , quite unlike the op for asking such questions on a public forum .
My wife is also a director of the company. And yes we did take minutes; though they didn’t include all the “actions” from the meeting

They’re not zero, doing dumb shit like putting holidays through your company accounts are highly likely to get you flagged up by hmrcs systems, you’ll then be investigated and then you’ll get penalties for the holiday and all the little things you’ve been doing that you shouldn’t (which you’d otherwise have got away with). Some people will get away with it of course but I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

A tax inspector would disagree quite strongly with your accountant...mind you, if you get investigated your accountant will be laughing as you’ll need to pay him a load of money to handle hmrc.
Once Hmrc has found evidence of naughtiness they’re entitled to have another rummage through the last seven years returns iirc. Then if there’s more shenanaghans they can have a pop at the seven years prior to those seven anarl. Etc.

Once Hmrc has found evidence of naughtiness they’re entitled to have another rummage through the last seven years returns iirc. Then if there’s more shenanaghans they can have a pop at the seven years prior to those seven anarl. Etc.
Previous 20 years for deliberate behaviour.

Some silly twats on here virtually dobbing themselves in, and their accountants.

Your guy is not in Stockton by any chance as he appears to have the same turn of phrase as mine.
Mine were flights to New York......
"Don't be so f***ing stupid" was, i believe, the verbatim response.

I’ve been to a conference in New York each of the past 5 years. A couple were 3 dayers where you’d need a day either side so as not to get jet lag. Others were $200 jobs that can be so easy to miss if you're no careful.

So long as it is a genuine business need then the company can pay the bill for transport, hotel, taxis and a bit of food.

I’ve been to a conference in New York each of the past 5 years. A couple were 3 dayers where you’d need a day either side so as not to get jet lag. Others were $200 jobs that can be so easy to miss if you're no careful.

So long as it is a genuine business need then the company can pay the bill for transport, hotel, taxis and a bit of food.

That was the flaw in my plan!!

I was in that bar in Newcastle that Nobby Solano had and one of the lads got everyone the drinks in, I asked him if he was putting them through the company accounts.

He said, ‘do you think I’d be paying for a drink for you’, he was that Geordie type who struggled to see past football.

Charming. :lol:

Back