For those who are self-employed...

Claimed the missus's grant yesterday - Got confirmed immediately.

Don't think she'll have any bother proving a downturn in profits - she's a homeworker travel agent and holidays haven't exactly been flying off the shelves lately.

I've compared mine to the 3 months of the 3 years HMRC used to work out amount of grant for previous ones as well as including last years.

Martin Lewis saying demand or profits has to be down in the months of the grant rather than previous months so only way I can see to properly measure that is by comparing months.

that kink suggests it is based simply on a reduction in Turnover
Claimed the missus's grant yesterday - Got confirmed immediately.

Don't think she'll have any bother proving a downturn in profits - she's a homeworker travel agent and holidays haven't exactly been flying off the shelves lately.
So if its confirmed does that mean its fine , approved, no problems or does it mean they could still take it back a year later ?

Last edited:
So if its confirmed does that mean its fine , approved, no problems or does it mean they could still take it back a year later ?
To be honest, I don't know.

But even including the previous three grants she's down around £6K for the year, and she hasn't made a penny from travel since January this year so she should be ok regardless.

Back