For the bird watchers amongst us

Status
Not open for further replies.

There's nowt the matter with these programmes but they miss the point of the actual pleasure of seeing something in the natural world that just sticks in your own head. I went to put some rubbish out the other week and there was a Robin sitting on the wall. I watched it for a while and then went to put the rubbish in the bin and by the time I got there it was standing on the lid. Cheeky bastard but made my day.
We get a Robin on one of our feeders and when it's empty it sits on it looking backwards and forwards to the house as though to say ha'way are you going to fill it back up:lol:

I took an injured woodpecker to the vets a few months back, it seemed to be in an altercation with a crow and was lying on the ground. They rang me back to say he was okay and to come and collect him. And when I released him I felt so emotional it was ridiculous, but great to see.

I'd have turned it's neck.

Rescued 2 day old ducklings this year that had fallen into the cattle grid and couldnt get out. Mother was long gone. Set up some heat lamps and reared them, taking great care not to imprint onto them, until they were able to be released back into the wild. They flew off and returned about half an hour later and started kicking about with my domesticated ducks. Eventually they buggered off with 12 ducks of their own kind. They still pop back now and again if the weather is bad for a bit of grub.

Bit like on cartoons when someone is leggings it from a swarm of Bees. They run in the house and lock the door and the swarm make themselves into a key and pile in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back