For anyone thats been to mexico

hahaha i did want to drive like but i like the cut of yer gib...how do get the truck instead of the jeep
I've been trying to work that out to be honest - I think getting the trip we ended up on was just a bit luck of the draw. We had a lad called Federico as our guide and he was friggin' nuts. Really good fun. The only thing I would say is the road is bumpy as hell so if ya've got a bad back or owt ya need to consider it before getting the truck. The people we saw driving jeeps n that just looked sick as fuck though, whereas we might as well have been on the vengabus. :lol: There's nowt to see from the road and it's a long drive through the mangroves. The real action is on the boats spotting the dolphins and turtles (ya'll see their humanesque turds before ya spot them), snorkelling, stopping in the shallow waters for pictures/beer/tequilas, ya meal (take enough money if ya want fresh lobster - because we ended up buying the photos we hadn't taken enough cash with us as we didn't expect to need much) and that's pretty much it. The entire drive back (apart from a quick stop to see a crocodile) was party bus time and just a right laugh.

Last edited:
been a few times marra.

pay extra for premium economy if you are on the dreamliner, keeps you away from the poor.

stay away from hotel grand sirenis it is a run down mess.

Moon palace and grand palladium (4 resorts in 1) are both amazing.

Wow, I was there last September and thought it was excellent.

Agree about the Premium Economy mind, some right pikeys on our flight and 9 hours of them wasn't fun.

Aye been to Mexico a few times, done the whale shark diving years ago.
You'll struggle to do it now because of the seaweed problem.

Currently sitting pool side in Mexico....look at me I know......pathetic, it’s red hot though and the pool bar opens in 5 :cool:

I feel for the hotels with the seaweed problem, the beach beside this hotel is beautiful, but a long stretch of seaweed spoils it daily and it smells bad. They try and move it every day, but then it obviously appears again each day. They are even putting on trips to other beaches without seaweed.

Aye seaweed is a major major problem on the carribean side. Same with most other carribean countries.
The moon palace beach isn't nice mind, due to seaweed.different altogether to Cancun's man made beach. You been lately to moon palace mate? I was there back in 98. Thinking of going back next year , the bairn wants to go.the grand has a waterpark which appeals to us.any good?

Where abouts in Jamaica you off to? Love Jamaica, can’t wait to go back.

Haven't got a clue tbh, she booked it. Staying at hotel called Grand Palladium Jamaica flying from Manchester.

The moon palace beach isn't nice mind, due to seaweed.different altogether to Cancun's man made beach. You been lately to moon palace mate? I was there back in 98. Thinking of going back next year , the bairn wants to go.the grand has a waterpark which appeals to us.any good?

Went few year back. Tbh budget didnt stretch that far when i went this year so ended up at grand palladium colonial which was surprisingly superb.

Staying at Catalonia Yucatan in Puerto Aventuras in Novemeber, can't wait like will be our first trip to Mexico. Heard the seaweed problem is common across all hotel beaches so sort of expecting that.

Looking forward to going round some of the cenotes diving/snorkelling.

Back