For anyone struggling to get a PCR test sent out

If you go to the walk in and don’t have it, you will when you leave. About 100-150 queuing while I was there. All coughing and spluttering and the way it’s set up means people are standing right next to each other.

I think some people were turned away without an appointment. Was down there as well at about 4pm.

I think some people were turned away without an appointment. Was down there as well at about 4pm.
I got there at 3. Was amazed how many were there. The way they have people lining up means you’ve got some idiot right next to you (although a barrier there) coughing and spluttering. I’m pretty sure I do have it after positive lateral flow. But if I didn’t I reckon I do now!

Just had a lateral flow that’s come back positive and booked into Johnston St this afternoon as it was the only available site in Sunderland, closest drive-in was Teesside. Unsurprisingly it’s 5 days after Safc game (I did pop out for one or two) so wonder if there will be a spike in confirmed cases.
I got pinged after the match. I’ve had a couple of negative lft since. I have no idea how I haven’t caught the bastard yet. Been in the thick of it since day one and had regular tests since they came out due to work. Nowt. Not complaining like 👍

I got there at 3. Was amazed how many were there. The way they have people lining up means you’ve got some idiot right next to you (although a barrier there) coughing and spluttering. I’m pretty sure I do have it after positive lateral flow. But if I didn’t I reckon I do now!
Any ideas where toy think you got it pal? (Not the LFT - the COVID) There's been a bit of it going around this Christmas apparently?

Any ideas where toy think you got it pal? (Not the LFT - the COVID) There's been a bit of it going around this Christmas apparently?
Not sure tbh. At first I thought the match. But could have been the supermarket or anywhere really. Looking at the queues today at the test centre I think most of the city has it. Felt fine earlier but been gradually getting worse all day. Struggling with my asthma and breathing. You doing ok?

Not sure tbh. At first I thought the match. But could have been the supermarket or anywhere really. Looking at the queues today at the test centre I think most of the city has it. Felt fine earlier but been gradually getting worse all day. Struggling with my asthma and breathing. You doing ok?
Yes mate, on the mend hopefully now cheers. A lot of the family got it this Christmas time.

just after a bit help/advice booking a drive through test if anyone's got any experiences of doing it.
the father in law is possibly going into a care home on monday or early next week as he's really out of fettle. they have asked for a negative pcr test before he can be admitted. he can barely walk so really needs a drive through. we've been trying to book one (peterlee/durham area and further afield) but can't seem to get one sorted.
there's plenty for today but it's only tomorrow that he can go and is any good really. when we try to book for sunday every testing site says no availability. do they close on a sunday or do they only release the testing slots the night before?
any advice or info would be great.

Last edited:
just after a bit help/advice booking a drive through test if anyone's got any experiences of doing it.
the father in law is possibly going into a care home on monday or early next week as he's really out of fettle. they have asked for a negative pcr test before he can be admitted. he can barely walk so really needs a drive through. we've been trying to book one (peterlee/durham area and further afield) but can't seem to get one sorted.
there's plenty for today but it's only tomorrow that he can go and is any good really. when we try to book for sunday every testing site says no availability. do they close on a sunday or do they only release the testing slots the night before?
any advice or info would be great.

i was booking one last week and what used to be the builders at the sheepfolds is now a drive in test centre but you can only go on the time you choose and have to give your reg as well. that was quite late when i tried and 215 had became available, it was around about 2.30am when i booked it

i was booking one last week and what used to be the builders at the sheepfolds is now a drive in test centre but you can only go on the time you choose and have to give your reg as well. that was quite late when i tried and 215 had became available, it was around about 2.30am when i booked it
thanks for that. perhaps like they only release bookings closer to the time. there's nothing at all anywhere for tomorrow?

thanks for that. perhaps like they only release bookings closer to the time. there's nothing at all anywhere for tomorrow?

yeah i had no idea there was a drive in test centre there. when i tried earlier it wanted to send me to northallerton. i think it was just luck that i happened to see it when i did.

hope you get sorted

Back