Football v Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer union over league any day, I'm going to say that supporting the Tigers.

Yet if it came down to watching Leicester city or the Tigers, football all day.

Going back to the 80's , early 90's when they played on the same day , the fans from both clubs didn't get on even though it was Leicester.

Football is 90 minutes of pretending you are hurt, Rugby is 80 minutes of pretending you are not.

Could not help thinking of Januzaj when I read this...there are lots of other examples?

Rugby is boring as fuck - played by loads of big fat tarts

Rugby is boring as fuck - played by loads of big fat tarts

All that scrum stuff, there's no way you would get a real man that close to other blokes smelly arses

Cant bear watching England football on the other hand I love watching the egg chasers. Rugby is everything that Football is not. No diving, no cheating, no trying to con the referee at every opportunity, no swearing at the referee. Footballers lost touch with reality about 10 years ago, how the fuck can you pay some dimwit £100,000 grand a week for playing football, the world has gone mad.
If there was as much interest in Rugby as football they'd be getting £100,000 a week though.

Rugby is constantly compared to football and this cliché of "football is full of fannies rolling around" gets trotted out by angry fat lads from Humberside and by red-chino wearing, chinless wonders as they bellow half the words to Swing Low Sweet Chariot before losing interest and talking to Rupert about where they're going skiing next week.

Despite Fat John or Humphrey's assertions, the overwhelming majority of footballers don't roll around and feign injury, the majority aren't paid hundreds of thousands a week and so on. Football remains a team game (that's how Leicester won the league and how Chelsea are winning the league this year) with opportunities for moments of individual brilliance that simply isn't the case in Rugby. Rugby players are beginning to feign injury, to cheat and to barrack the referee as well.

Rugby is f***ing boring on the whole, which is why it appeals to certain parts of society. They don't need to understand complex situations; if that big lad gets closer to that line it's good, if the other big lads stop him that's bad. They don't need to concentrate on the game because the scoring situation is normally signposted for a while before it concludes.

I've never seen something on a Rugby field that had me wonder "How the fuck did he do that?!", it's just big lads slamming into big lads and then one big lad breaks a tackle and sprints (at an impressive pace for a big lad) for the try-line.

It's still better than Basketball or American Football, mind.
You obviously know nowt about rugby mate. Fair enough that you don't like it, but if you can't see the skill levels of top rugby players you lack understanding to say the least

You obviously know nowt about rugby mate. Fair enough that you don't like it, but if you can't see the skill levels of top rugby players you lack understanding to say the least

This is top shelf stuff, anyone that can't appreciate the skill/fitness/teamwork levels that this try possessed isn't being honest with themselves. imo

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer union over league any day, I'm going to say that supporting the Tigers.

Yet if it came down to watching Leicester city or the Tigers, football all day.

Going back to the 80's , early 90's when they played on the same day , the fans from both clubs didn't get on even though it was Leicester.
I knew a bloke who started going to Rugby when he bought his first house. He stopped going to football and went to watch the Falcons instead, and he was a sunderland fan. He thought going to rugby made him intellectually superior and more middle class. :oops::eek::lol::lol:

I knew a bloke who started going to Rugby when he bought his first house. He stopped going to football and went to watch the Falcons instead, and he was a sunderland fan. He thought going to rugby made him intellectually superior and more middle class. :oops::eek::lol::lol:

That is a load of Bollocks.

My beef with Newcastle Falcons is t*at due to that big headed that Hall...they were part of a Newcastle stable and changed their colours to black and white instead on their original Gosforth colours of green, as a Sunderland season ticket holder this sticks in my craw. In their clubhouse in the 1869 ? Bar they portray their historic roots..I have written to the owner saying if they wanted more fans they should go back to their green colours...it may be under consideration

Enough of rugby....we now need to concentrate on this afternoons game at Everton

That is a load of Bollocks.

My beef with Newcastle Falcons is t*at due to that big headed that Hall...they were part of a Newcastle stable and changed their colours to black and white instead on their original Gosforth colours of green, as a Sunderland season ticket holder this sticks in my craw. In their clubhouse in the 1869 ? Bar they portray their historic roots..I have written to the owner saying if they wanted more fans they should go back to their green colours...it may be under consideration

Enough of rugby....we now need to concentrate on this afternoons game at Everton
I kid you not, started calling football fans oiks anarl. He's a sad, sad man.

Like that time England won the world cup with Johnny Wilkinson. To score a goal in football generally takes a high level of skill and endeavour. How England won the world cup was like " I can't be arsed to score a try the proper way, I'll just have a hopeful punt". There's no way you can win a game of football by default like you can in rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back