Football v Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

thats pretty good. thats a veteran team btw, arguably the worst level of RU:lol: now i know that won't make you go holy shit, but i, and may others did. that's a 'fat mess' pulling something out of the bag.
Aye, but I could do that and so could you.

Tell you what though, there's no f***ing way I could do 90% of the stuff in this video

Or this one to be honest;

to compare I searched "Amazing rugby highlights" and got this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHjnrJdL_Cc
:neutral:

Aye, but I could do that and so could you.

Tell you what though, there's no f***ing way I could do 90% of the stuff in this video

Or this one to be honest;

to compare I searched "Amazing rugby highlights" and got this
:neutral:
you could if you practised enough. neymar is like watching the all blacks. they pull out all kinds of skill. 90% completely unnecessary but looks good.

The brexit and coppers but was tongue in cheek. The snobbish behaviour and superiority complex is something I've encountered from every rugby follower I've met
Pop along to Gateshead RFC on a weekend and you'll encounter absolutely none of that. You will however find a family friendly club who welcome anyone from any walk of life.

Has anyone said all that Bullshit about thugs and gentlemen yet?

Haway man :D

Pulis is a consistent premiership manager who has a successful way of playing. There are plenty of exciting, complex situations in both codes of rugby, just like football. Even basketball (which i personally despise) has complex situations in.

Stop with the football good everything else bad mentality.
Rugby is great because it's like watching a Tony Pulis team play football?

:D

Great argument

Last edited:
Ok fair enough and apologies for the sweeping generalisations.

What really really does piss me right off with rugby wasn't the game itself but the horrendously snobby and patronising attitude of its followers. Its undeniable that the vast majority of rugby supporters look down on football fans and see themselves as culturally superior for no other reason than their class status.

See my previous post about Hartlepool, Tynedale and Winlaton and say they are posh...you better be a fast runner....but you do have a point about the class thing...you should see the Range Rovers and picnic baskets at Twickenham. Although like football professional football...professional rugby is changing fast....for instance I do not think their are any posh boys in the present England squad...the manager and captain are aussi and NZ respectively (he has discipline problems like hitting people and never know to take a step back)
Harlaquins are know as The Posh club...the Falcons stuffed them shortly before Christmas.

The NE is unusual in that we never really took to Rugby League but always had a strong tradition of Union. I guess was lucky in my Secondary modern 1960s school in that we had a Welsh teacher that got loads of lads playing Rugby...it gave the really big and slightly tubby lads a game to play cos they tackled like tanks and were hard to bring down

my school i played for the 1st XV and was captain of the 1st XI. It was very much a rugby school, one of the best in the country. We played footy against lots of other grammars and private schools. I received school colours for my services to football. Maybe just your school then.
You received school colours for your services to football?

So not exactly Rorke's Drift then?

You received school colours for your services to football?

So not exactly Rorke's Drift then?
if the school didn't recognise football then they wouldn't have awarded them.
Or I could have witnessed it first hand. Not even allowed to kick a footy during break. Massive toff sport is 'rugger'.
see post 53. maybe things have changed over time. go down horden rugby club and call them lot toffs. take your running shoes.
Yeah I definitely feel inferior to Jeremy Clarkson wannabes
wey you obviously do if everyone you ever meet comes across as superior.
Has anyone said all that Bullshit about thugs and gentlemen yet?

Haway man :D

Rugby is great because it's like watching a Tony Pulis team play football?

:D

Great argument
no. there are many different ways to play rugby, just like football. if i used pulis' style of play to justify football being shit then it would be ridiculous. same goes for rugby.

Yeah I definitely feel inferior to Jeremy Clarkson wannabes

I don't know if it's because I'm young and still close to people at uni but I've never met a bigger set of horrible cunts in my life than the people who play and go to rugby. Football fans get a bad wrap but my lord they're nothing compared to rugby.

I don't know if it's because I'm young and still close to people at uni but I've never met a bigger set of horrible cunts in my life than the people who play and go to rugby. Football fans get a bad wrap but my lord they're nothing compared to rugby.
football teams are full of soft as shite fannies that whine like piss owa nowt and have zero respect for the officials. thats why. sorry, is this the massive sweeping statement thread?

you could if you practised enough. neymar is like watching the all blacks. they pull out all kinds of skill. 90% completely unnecessary but looks good.
Think you're doing him a disservice there like. To assess the situation, think of how he can manipulate the ball with his foot to progress, to have the control to pull that off, and to do it at pace, under pressure? Remarkable.

Like the first time I saw Ronaldinho's flipflap I had to rewind the video a couple oftimes before I could understand what he'd done. When Robert did a backheel overhead kick I honestly still can't explain it very well.

Cant bear watching England football on the other hand I love watching the egg chasers. Rugby is everything that Football is not. No diving, no cheating, no trying to con the referee at every opportunity, no swearing at the referee. Footballers lost touch with reality about 10 years ago, how the fuck can you pay some dimwit £100,000 grand a week for playing football, the world has gone mad.

To be fair they get away with smashing the crap out of each other, punches, elbows everything, so no need for cheating/diving etc. You'd be a man light if you did anything remotely violent in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back