Football manager / champ man downloads

Anyone else have bother downloading the 2020 data for CM 01/02? I've tried a couple of times and even re-downloaded the whole thing from scratch, but then get an error message when trying to start a new game and the whole thing just kicks me out of the game mid-load.
Probably best to post on their forums. There's bound to be a guide.

Could be something to do with the "real" folder where the game data is located. Windows "lies" to you sometimes.

Can’t stop my fm 2017 game, just won the euro champions league two years on the bounce

Funnily enough that's what I'm playing too. Got Forest Green into the Championship but just can't crack it yet, missed out on the play offs on the final day of the season in my first go. Second season I haven't really got a hope of going up, sitting midtable but about 7 points off the play offs in January. Can't put a good run together. Frustrating!

Yet to spend a penny though and I've made £7m in sales this year so I might need to chuck a bit of cash at it.

Have you followed the instructions on their forum? It'll probably need patching with more than one update, and then likely that you'll need to find a hidden folder in your profile.
Yup, i just cant get it to install. Install shield gets to 99% then i get an error. Tried it on laptop then PC and both the same issues.

Just started a new game of CM0102 on my phone......in 1989! :D

Logon or register to see this image
Didn't know they had a 1989 database. Aside from 2 games the season before, that's the year I started going regularly when I was 9.

Don't remember Armstrong playing as a sweeper mind. And not sure he was a DM either, given how many goals he scored. Although I may be wrong, but if someone can play DM or AM, then the game only shows the DM bit, which is a bit of a bug (that you need something like CM Scout to know about)

Didn't know they had a 1989 database. Aside from 2 games the season before, that's the year I started going regularly when I was 9.

Don't remember Armstrong playing as a sweeper mind. And not sure he was a DM either, given how many goals he scored. Although I may be wrong, but if someone can play DM or AM, then the game only shows the DM bit, which is a bit of a bug (that you need something like CM Scout to know about)
I'm pretty sure he moved back into defence later in his career so they've probably just taken his position from then

Back