Football Manager 2023

won the conference north with south shields by about 20 points.

majority of players were let go if contract was ending and we had 6 players in the squad on 1st july. my striker who scored 57 goals ended up going to derby for 36k (forced minimum fee release) which wasn't ideal at all.

3 games info conference and 3 wins. brought a 17 year old regen in on loan from derby who is one of the best players for me. found it relatively tough putting together another squad for the 2nd season running but going for released youth players from premiership and championship sides and bringing in 6 youngsters on loan is a good start. my average age must be about 20!
What database have you used for this? And is it for the new one?

What database have you used for this? And is it for the new one?
no database. holidayed the first season as unemployed until may 25th 2023. save the game (this is when the game decides who goes up from the leagues which aren't in view), then holiday again until june 25th. i was going to keep reverting back to the may 25th save if south shields didn't come up to conference north but first time i tried they came up anyway.

2nd season in conference has been easier than the first, i don't think it will become a tough challenge until you get to league 1 you can take advantage of released players from premier league sides and loans.

Anyone else seeing a ridiculous amount of goals? Nearly all of my games are 3-2, 4-2, 5-3 etc, I'm pissing the Championship but i've also conceded the second most goals in the league.

They really need to improve the transfers and contracts on this.
Just tried to sign Gvardiol from RB Liepzig for £45m, i was offering £120k a week but he's decided to join Leicester on £66k a week as this will 'benefit his family financially'.
I could also offer Champions League football but he preferred mid-table Leicester? I know it's a game but come on.

Just tried to sign Gvardiol from RB Liepzig for £45m, i was offering £120k a week but he's decided to join Leicester on £66k a week as this will 'benefit his family financially'.
I could also offer Champions League football but he preferred mid-table Leicester? I know it's a game but come on.
It’s been like that for as long as I can remember in FM.

This has been a problem in the game for years.

Wrexham can feck off. I only say that because in my Gateshead save I can’t seem to catch them. 28 games in and I’m chasing the title 6 points off Wrexham.
I'm flying now with the lads but Kyril is tight as a fish's arse.

Got us promoted by winning the League on the last day and he gave me 25M for the new squad. Somehow assembled a decent-ish side but the team is so young so waiting for us to implode, Also only have 3 centre halfs (Alese, Ballard and Wright) for the PL, got a holding midfielder who can cover there.

Just beat Man City at home 2-0 and up to 7th after 5 games.

Second season over with St Etienne and we managed an extremely respectable 7th place and qualification to the conference league after a win over our closest rivals Rennes on the final day to leapfrog them. We probably should’ve had more points on the board as we were 4th in the xG table, but some laughably shit finishing from our strikers through the season meant we lost a few games that should’ve otherwise been wins.

Been given around £25m to spend for the new season which isn’t too bad for Ligue 1. Probably won’t go wild with signings and keep the core of the squad the same as it seems pretty difficult to sell players if they’re not out of contract. Hopefully look to aim for a top 4 finish next season.

Sunderland spent a full season with the same manager amazingly, although Solskjaer was only able to guide them to 6th in league 1 where they were knocked out by Sheffield Wednesday in the semi final of the play offs. They’ll probably spend years languishing in league 1 having failed to get promoted at the first time of asking.

Bennette has been brilliant for me in the opening few games or so for me. 4 goals and 3 assists from 3 games. Up to the Norwich game. 4th in the league, 3 wins and a loss (Bristol City where we domimated and just couldn't hit the net.) Drawn Boro who are top of the league in the 3rd round of the League Cup.

Bennette has been brilliant for me in the opening few games or so for me. 4 goals and 3 assists from 3 games. Up to the Norwich game. 4th in the league, 3 wins and a loss (Bristol City where we domimated and just couldn't hit the net.) Drawn Boro who are top of the league in the 3rd round of the League Cup.
Where doggy play him?

Second season over with St Etienne and we managed an extremely respectable 7th place and qualification to the conference league after a win over our closest rivals Rennes on the final day to leapfrog them. We probably should’ve had more points on the board as we were 4th in the xG table, but some laughably shit finishing from our strikers through the season meant we lost a few games that should’ve otherwise been wins.

Been given around £25m to spend for the new season which isn’t too bad for Ligue 1. Probably won’t go wild with signings and keep the core of the squad the same as it seems pretty difficult to sell players if they’re not out of contract. Hopefully look to aim for a top 4 finish next season.

Sunderland spent a full season with the same manager amazingly, although Solskjaer was only able to guide them to 6th in league 1 where they were knocked out by Sheffield Wednesday in the semi final of the play offs. They’ll probably spend years languishing in league 1 having failed to get promoted at the first time of asking.

An interesting save rather than endless people being Sunderland.

An interesting save rather than endless people being Sunderland.
Aye I’m enjoying doing something a little bit different. Get through the seasons quicker as well with just 18 teams in the league and one domestic cup competition. Managing in England is a proper slog sometimes.

Going to take a while to dethrone PSG as long as they still have Mbappe. Scored 42 league goals last season, including a hat trick against us when we were 2-0 up at half time the bastard.

It’s been like that for as long as I can remember in FM.
This has been a problem in the game for years.
It's always happened to me when clubs have a much higher reputation or they have European football and I don't but this one seems dafter than usual.

I've finished above Leicester for 3 years in a row (8th, 3rd & 2nd), the highest they've been is 9th and it's nearly double the wages.

First season was a total struggle, just hung on in the end but my defence was absolutely shocking. We were absolutely dross all season but fortunately there were 3 worse teams, stayed up with 34 points. Decided to keep Amad on and the rest of my bargain basement signings were:

Reece Oxford
Abakar Sylla
Liam Delap (Loan) - Broke his leg mid season, only got about 15 games out of him
Jonas Svensson
Owen Otasowie (Loan)
Daniel Iversen
Joe Gelhardt (Loan)

Second season has been a much needed improvement, into December and we're 10th. But defensively we're still awful but we're scoring a hell of a lot. Signings were

Conor Gallagher
Wilfred Singo
Keinan Davis (Free)
Paul Wanner (Loan) - Thanks to the recommendation of the lad on here
Max Wober
Tommy Doyle (Loan)
Dion Drena Beljo - Absolute dynamite this lad, 6 foot 5 striker with 14 goals in 18 so far

First season was a total struggle, just hung on in the end but my defence was absolutely shocking. We were absolutely dross all season but fortunately there were 3 worse teams, stayed up with 34 points. Decided to keep Amad on and the rest of my bargain basement signings were:

Reece Oxford
Abakar Sylla
Liam Delap (Loan) - Broke his leg mid season, only got about 15 games out of him
Jonas Svensson
Owen Otasowie (Loan)
Daniel Iversen
Joe Gelhardt (Loan)

Second season has been a much needed improvement, into December and we're 10th. But defensively we're still awful but we're scoring a hell of a lot. Signings were

Conor Gallagher
Wilfred Singo
Keinan Davis (Free)
Paul Wanner (Loan) - Thanks to the recommendation of the lad on here
Max Wober
Tommy Doyle (Loan)
Dion Drena Beljo - Absolute dynamite this lad, 6 foot 5 striker with 14 goals in 18 so far

I somehow managed to get promoted first season without signing anyone lmao!

Second summer

In

Mason Holgate (Everton)
Romeo Lavia (Southampton - Relegated)
Jacob Ramsey (Villa)
Amad Diallo (Yanited)
Morgan Whittaker (Swansea)
Ellis Simms (Everton)

Out

Jay Matete
Leon Dajaku
Luke O’Nien